SOLAS recommended impeller pitch...can this be right?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarp64

I have a 2008 RXT (215HP) and a 2003 GTX 4-Tec SC (185HP). The factory impeller pitch as the skis come from Sea-Doo are 10/21 (RXT) and 13/23 (GTX) from what I've been able to find on the web. Both my engines are stock. SOLAS recommends a CONCORD SRX-CD 13/18 for my RXP and a CONCORD SR-CD 12/20 for my GTX. I had already purchased and installed both recommended impellers on my skis before I found out the factory pitch. The reason I questioned SOLAS's pitch recommendation after installing them was the fact the my GTX is only turning 7050 RPM WOT (instead of 7,300) and only about 61MPH on the speedo (instead of 63MPH). I have not had the RXT out since changing the impeller, but the difference in the factory pitch and the one I bought from SOLAS is huge! Is it possible that SOLAS and Sea-Doo use different standards to measure their impeller pitch? How is it possible that SOLAS can recommend a 13/18 impeller pitch as a compatible replacement for a 10/21 factory pitch? SOLAS's sales info states that the CONCORD impeller will give better performance across the board and doesn't say anything about their prop being significantly different regarding RPM's or top speed. I am concerned (especially with my RXT) that I bought the wrong impellers (an expensive mistake if I did) even if they are the recommended impellers according to SOLAS. I emailed SOLAS my questions with no response so far. Any thoughts from forum members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back