Snap-in Fenders Review

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzocox

Hi everybody,

I had purchased the Sea-Doo Snap-in fenders for my '15 GTI SE 155 a couple months ago and after having a chance to use them I wanted to write a quick review for anybody that might be thinking or is looking for something like this.

They are a bit pricey but overall I have been pretty happy with them.

The installation is pretty straightforward. I didn't do it myself and had a dealer do it, but reading elsewhere other people have done it themselves without problem. You have to drill 3 holes per fender; two for the screws and then a big one in the middle for the fender to stick through. You only drill through the bumper and won't go through the hull but you will go through the fiberglass mold.

They are pretty quick to get on and off and they will easily stow up in the front compartment. When you are moored up they didn't start to fall off and worked keeping the ski from hitting the dock. The biggest complaint I have though is you have to be at a dock where the water line goes all the way up the dock. If you are at a dock where there is a gap between the bottom of the dock and the water line the fenders won't protect the ski from every so often hitting the dock and/or risk catching under the dock.

Despite that they really seem like the best fender option out there. I usually anchor the ski out but it's nice having the option to use a dock and not worry.

0601161815.jpg

0601161816a.jpg

0601161817.jpg

My wife and I agree with the above post. These bumpers are easy to use and help when you are tied up to a pontoon or other watercraft. We got three sets between our two PWC and that has worked out great. They can be retrofitted to the older craft and once you see how the setup is, you would be able to drill and fit your own. Pricey, well, yes at $99 a pair. They float, are bright, easy to pack, and fit snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back