Ski rope ingested in 99 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonalMW

Hi all, after engine maintenance we've been getting great use the past few evenings from the Speedster...

However, as the topic suggests..... We fouled up the propellers (jets??) with the ski-rope, which funilly enough went into BOTH intakes.......

We got a tow back to the club and took the boat out of the water and brought it home,

First look.....

There's damage to a blue type shaft cover ??

We'll try to remove the rope today...

How bad is the damage?? And how hard/expensive will the fix be ? ?:(

pull grates off and pull-cut the ropes out. you are probably fine. the plastic shaft covers i have only seen on seadoo boats, not skis. they use the same motor, same pump, no cover. makes me think it isn't all that necessary. if rope is wound in behind the impeller, it could have damaged impeller shaft seal. put a couple of hours on the boat and change the oil in the pumps. drain it into a little glass jar and check for water.

Cool, i'll give the boat a run possibly tomorrow......

She makes 50 mph....

But i see some slight wear on the props...... (not from the rope)

Would new (better) props bring up the speed ??

yes. also help it come up on plane better. but run it like it is until you are sure the seal isn't hurt. if seal is bad, you are gonna be removing the impeller(s). might as well run what is paid for for now.

the same thing happened with my 2004 sportster over the weekend
i removed all the rope and the blue plastic shaft protector is broken also the seal behind the propeler is broken .I took it to the dealer today for an estimate.I would like to know how much it cost you to change that blue plastic cover and the propeler seal .Thanks.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back