should i buy the RXT 255 ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 GTI SE 155. Liked my Yamaha which I just sold as the Sea Doos' have more bells and whisles.
GTI has the brake and neutral which is very handy especially the fact that it does not take off on you while idling.
My insurance even wants to charge more if I admit to pulling a skier.

Different hulls for different riding. One if my skis is an 09 GTX-155. I personally love the electronics on it. The trim, neutral and reverse are nice options. Also has cruise control which is great for no wake area and setting up specific speeds to tow skiers with.

the question is if those electronics will give me trouble, if they are reliable
another thing, is the gti 155 faster than the gtx ?

i really like the design of the gtx ,looks sweet

If you're the type of person that takes care of your toys, You should not have any problems. If you live around a saltwater environment, it could cause additional issues unless you clean it every single time.

I am very anal about everything I own. All of my toys are in virtually perfect condition.

If you're the type of person that takes care of your toys, You should not have any problems. If you live around a saltwater environment, it could cause additional issues unless you clean it every single time.

I am very anal about everything I own. All of my toys are in virtually perfect condition.
there are 3 types of waters in israel, the kineret- which is sweet water, medeteraian - which is salty, and the gulf of Eilat, which is the saltiest lol- thats where i live... so yeah i would have to clean it every single time , which i have no problem with, i too am anal about my toys, i also do 90% of the work on them myself.
what can you tell me about speeds and turning ? are they the same ?

GTX has more features than the GTI as it is the luxury version and approx 6" longer.
I wish I could find a used GTI SE155 Limited as it has the best features I want. Really wish I had the full instrument panel as the non LTD GTI does not have it. Not sure if one is noticeably faster than the other.
I'm anal as well and only sold my Yamaha as I purchased it used but it had too many scuffs on it from original owner.
Prefer to buy gently used so I don't get the large depreciation hit.
Had the Yamaha for 2 years and only lost $100.

GTX has more features than the GTI as it is the luxury version and approx 6" longer.
I wish I could find a used GTI SE155 Limited as it has the best features I want. Really wish I had the full instrument panel as the non LTD GTI does not have it. Not sure if one is noticeably faster than the other.
I'm anal as well and only sold my Yamaha as I purchased it used but it had too many scuffs on it from original owner.
Prefer to buy gently used so I don't get the large depreciation hit.
Had the Yamaha for 2 years and only lost $100.

i also read that the gtx has s3 hull, which im not sure what it is, and the GTI doesnt, any inputs on that ?
basically im asking regarding this comments
http://www.**************/forums/showthread.php?t=62630
it was said there that the gti is more fun in regard of turning and throwing it around..

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a small video on the S3 hull.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=beMNAweIdkE

The S3 is basically newer technology that is designed to cut better and take rough water better. Plus it is lighter than other hulls because if the materials used to build it.
well
no luck :/
the guy with the gtx 155 isnt answering the phone, tried him all day long
looks like the options narrowed down to the gti 155 , there are several one, 2007- 2008 - 2010
all of those models are the same ?
the 2010 for example has 130 hours on it
the 2008 on the other hand has 110 hours
the 2007 is 180 hours
il go take a look on wednesday , the hours are confusing, should i go with the newest model no matter what ?

GTI redesigned in 2011. May want to look at newer models with IBR.

2011 are too expensive for me
btw, the guy , well actually girl with the gtx 2010 called me back, gonna go have a look at the machine tomorrow
from the specs i noticed that the gtx is almost a 100 lbs heavier than the gti, would that have no affect ?
dont want to regret buying the gti for less money and it will eventually have better performance...

I'm sure both machines would have similar top speeds. Can't comment on whether or not they would handle much differently.
No complaints about my 155GTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back