Shifter question, locking mechanism problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

g.romay

Hi, thanks for any help you can give me!

I have a speedster 150 255hp, its practically new with 15 hours. Just recently I started having this problem, when Im riding in "F" (forward) and slowing down for docking or something, I have trouble shifting back to "N", seems as if the shifter lock is still engaged and its stock in "F" as if the throttle is still a bit forward but its all the way down. I need to do some brief small accelerations 2 or 3 times and then try again, that seems to free it, seems like a problem with the locking mechanism. Anybody knows about this and how to adjust it?

Thanks!

Hi,

I had a similar problem on mine, I was missing a bushing in the gate that moves behind the jet to select drive modes (forward, reverse, neutral)
There is a plastic bush on each side where it pivots. I also found the whole gate was a bit stiff so I adjusted it by loosening the bolts a bit. They are covered in thread locking compound/ corrosion so they were quite stiff to move. Once adjusted it was much easier to shift. My local dealer wanted to sell me a new shifting cable for $400!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back