Selling my Skis

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beav626

What is the best route...

Time of year? I think now through Memorial Day

Should I split them up and sell the individually?

Price...Values are all over the place...

Im in OKC and I have the following:

2008 RXPX Stock 84hrs
2006 GTI SE 4tech 60hrs
2012 Custom Trailer

help me out.

Thanks

Defiantly wait for spring. To the point where people start to ride. Splitting up or together can be a hard call. Most will discount a package of two skis and a trailer. But people that can pay for all in cash work well for you as well. I bet they are worth more split up.

I'd list it two ways. Package deal that is slightly discounted and then the price if they buy only one ski kind of thingg

I thing CJ is spot on.

list together, with a separate price for each piece (ski/ski/trailer)

I still think Craigslist offers the best bang for the (no) buck.... you can't beat free ! and the traffic is heavy enough to get most reasonably priced items sold easily, just obviously beware of the paypal/cashiers check scammers, and expect a no show or 3, so I'd recommend that they meet you at home only, to avoid you driving to a ramp and waiting for somebody that doesn't show up. (I did that once, and now its at my house or not at all) you could always negotiate a price at home then go to the ramp for a test ride, don't let them say "we'll talk price after the ride" because in all likelyhood they plan on taking a ride then lowballing you, screw that... settle on a predetermined price first based on a successful test ride, before you commit to all that hassle.

And weird as it is, many buyers really just want to know that your agreeable to a test ride, but never actually take one, (obviously winter factors in there). But they will ask if your agreeable just to make sure your "legit" and not hiding something. I've sold a few ski's, quite a few but only ONE customer has actually taken a test ride (it was a 700 wave venture and he came back all jazzed up because of how "fast" it was.....) , and this is even crazier, not a single buyer has done a compression test to my recollection.

Its weird but true ! but most of my ski's were older 2 strokes, with a $1500-2000 price tag, not $7500 4 strokes, I suspect that more buyers would do the proper due diligence on a more expensive ski, but I've been surprised before :)

good luck with the sale !

(and ps.. don't discount the idea of parking them at a bank/shopping center, I have done that on several ski's,most of them acually, i've sold more than one that way, you also generally get a better price from a drive by.. since it is more of an impulse buy then)

There is a boat show this weekend, that I was going to tow them too, while i peruse the new 14 models... maybe next weekend I can leave them at a bank.

last time i sold skis, they were 2 strokes worth 2k or so.

I'd love to have that PX :drool5: I'm ski rich right now though and need to sell my GTI and XP if I get another 4-tec.

Price...Values are all over the place...

Im in OKC and I have the following:

2008 RXPX Stock 84hrs
2006 GTI SE 4tech 60hrs
2012 Custom Trailer

help me out.

Thanks

In my area in good condition those would sell individually for:
$8k
$6k
$1,250 (although I'm not sure what a custom trailer is - I'm assuming you do not mean homemade)

There's two schools of thought on selling: price it high and wait for a buyer to pay your price, or price it a couple hundred under market value and get rid of it of quick and painless. The later is almost always my strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back