seeking part numbers 95 sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenner73

Hi,

I noticed on the list of manuals that the 95 sportster is not included. Are there more manuals such as mine available with the Premium Membership?

I am trying to find the best way to look up part numbers as my local service center can only lookup back to 1996. Where can I find part numbers for my 95 single engine sportster?

In particular I am looking for the throttle cable part number and the small metal tab that holds the throttle cable in place (not on the shifter plate) but rather on the shaft below.

thanks,
Ken

photo of part Im looking for

attached file is the part I can't find the number for.

Attachments

• throttle cable tab.jpg
    throttle cable tab.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
Brace....

I know exactly which piece your looking for here and I dont' even know if this is a part that can be ordered.
I do know, mine was bent up pretty bad from the guy who owned it before me, using to much force on trying to accelerate when the carbs linkage was messed up.
I was able to fix this myself with a small piece of aluminium that I bought at Lowes, and a jig saw. After I cut it out, I used my vice to bend the little tabs up on it, then my Dremel tool to clean it all up.
But I'll see what I can find out for you if you want to check to order it. Come back to this post, as I'll probably just add it here as an edit, rather than created a new post to give you the answer.....

PART NUMBER.....o.k.....it's P/N 277000504 and it's cost is about $9.97 plus shipping. It's listed as a cable support and I'm sure you didn't want the part number on item 12, which is the "pop rivet". You'll buy that locally I'm sure........hope this helps you out!

Last edited by a moderator:
adjusting the throttle

I've got the cable in place, but having trouble adjusting it.

Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere?

thanks,

95 sportster single engine

Ken

Adjusting?

I don't see what you mean. If you got it in, the most I can see you adjusting is your throttle stop.....
Tell me what you mean, adjusting. RPM's or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back