1998 Sportster 1800 Electrical Diagram

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FewDoos

Hey gang - I just joined as I've been diagnosing electrical gremlins on my "new to me" 98 Sportster 1800. I have a difficult time finding the wiring diagram. I noticed being a premium member gives access to shop manuals here. I wanted to verify that the shop manual has the boat wiring diagram before paying for my membership. Can anyone confirm the wiring diagram is in the library?

Also, I could use my 1996 GSX shop manual to diagnose some issues as the wires were similar. The tach signal is grey for each motor, so I was able to interpret that. Funny thing, the tach signal out of the mpem was intermittent and usually only came on when bouncing over waves. So inside the mpem, there must have been a loose solder connection. I bypassed the mpem and connected the grey tach wires to their respective stator wires going to the regulator with a 20k resistor. That fixed it!

Now I'm struggling to find what the wires on the speedometer connector are for, so I need the diagram.

Thanks in advance! Let me know if the wiring diagram for my boat is in the library, and I'll get a membership here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back