Seat Cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know how many yards of marine vinyl it would take to cover a 2000 Gtx millennium edition front seat and yards for the rear seat? Thanks

I am redoing my seats (98 GTX LTD) and I got 2 1/2 yards just to be on the safe side. My seats are 41" long and 26" long. 2 yards is cutting it too close for me.

ad7b3d3bbf1da5509391378e903e3c63.jpg
I ended up buying 1 yard for the big seat and 3/4 yard for the small seat. I didn’t have much left over. A heat gun does help a lot during the application.

Yep, he's a stray that somehow slipped into my garage one night. The next morning when I got up to go to work I found him. He's super smart and loyal. Has earned a spot indoors and acts like he's always been a member of the family.

So he is a squatter? :D :D So sad when they have to make it on their own. God bless you for taking him in.

Seats look good !!!

I very much dislike messing with seat covers. :D I did learn that there is 4-way stretch material. It is expensive but that's what I use when I have to. A friend sells that kind of material which they make expecially in Seadoo colors. They don't have all the colors but I bought a stash for the skis I'm gonna restore.
I have a few seats to bring to my upholstery guy. He was charging me $150 for 2 seats material included. Probably 200 now. :) I hope. :D

Seats look good !!!

I very much dislike messing with seat covers. :D I did learn that there is 4-way stretch material. It is expensive but that's what I use when I have to. A friend sells that kind of material which they make expecially in Seadoo colors. They don't have all the colors but I bought a stash for the skis I'm gonna restore.
I have a few seats to bring to my upholstery guy. He was charging me $150 for 2 seats material included. Probably 200 now. :) I hope. :D
I’ve only done 1 seat with the 2 way stretch and i got it perfect, if I get that 95 XP running I’m going to need to recover that seat as well, going to take lots of pictures and post a how to thread for the 2 way stretch, there seems to be a need for a good how for that. The material for the XP is only 39.00 plus the staples.

I’ve only done 1 seat with the 2 way stretch and i got it perfect, if I get that 95 XP running I’m going to need to recover that seat as well, going to take lots of pictures and post a how to thread for the 2 way stretch, there seems to be a need for a good how for that. The material for the XP is only 39.00 plus the staples.
Yes... TWO WAY stretch. LOL I guess I doubled up thinking 4 directions. Ha ha. There are a couple of seats that are extra miserable which prompted me to find a reasonable upholstery guy. He told me he would teach me how to do it but I declined. :D I know he uses steam and some shapes need to be glued etc... takes patience and determination and I'd rather bust my knuckles on hard metal parts. :D

Back