seadoo xp 95 battery drain?????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuenta

hi guy I need your help again

Whats causing a battery drain within 3 days?? I put a fully charge battery in and it will start every time, the next day the battery is low 11 vol. second day get 10vol. etc.. When the battery starts getting low it will always crank the starter but will not fire.

Will the battery hold a charge sitting on the bench, not hooked to anything?

Mike
Agree you could have a short....
Although Batteries will slowly discharge...for some reason they last longer when sitting on timber base...I have mine hooked up to a Smart Charger when not in use..

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guy I need your help again

Whats causing a battery drain within 3 days?? I put a fully charge battery in and it will start every time, the next day the battery is low 11 vol. second day get 10vol. etc.. When the battery starts getting low it will always crank the starter but will not fire.

Sounds like a bad cell...check with a hydrometer...

New battery means nothing...load test it.

unhook the VTS connectors and try again. Most likely culprit.

If that doesnt do it, unplug the wires heading the hood.

the vts is not in use but the module wires are still attached to the electrical box I will try cut this cables

Most multimeters have a current setting. Put the meter in series with your battery, and see what the current draw is with everything "off". If you have a clamp style meter, it is easier yet.

Mike

Most multimeters have a current setting. Put the meter in series with your battery, and see what the current draw is with everything "off". If you have a clamp style meter, it is easier yet.

Mike

multimeter setting in volt or????????????

yesterday I noticed that the low fuel light was on
may this is the reason

Last edited by a moderator:
If it stays on all the time theres an issue. If the LCD is on then its the MPEM not shutting the accessory power. If the fuel light is the only one on...I would say its the gauge. I have them in stock if you need either.

If it stays on all the time theres an issue. If the LCD is on then its the MPEM not shutting the accessory power. If the fuel light is the only one on...I would say its the gauge. I have them in stock if you need either.

just I check the MPEM
and found that the purple wire all the time have 12vl. output
this wire is going from mpem to the gauge

172.jpg

Attachments

• $T2eC16F,!)cE9s4PsOgeBRpfs8E4Qw~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16F,!)cE9s4PsOgeBRpfs8E4Qw~~60_57.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 8
The ski can run
Only disconect the purple wire to the gauge
Or really need replace the brain ???

Status