Seadoo won't start in water but fine on trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dstuart

2005 Seadoo 3D runs when it's out of the water and the 1st time out each day but when I stop in the water and sit then try to restart it just turns over but will not start. If I have a few guys pick up the back out of the water starts just fine and stays running tell I stop and try to restart. It seems like there is more smoke out the back then normal when trying to start while in the water.
I not sure where to start.

What is the compression of the cylinders. If it is too low, it won't start under the load of the water on he impeller. It's a starting place to check.

Karl

Thanks Karl

I'll check that. It's strange that the 1st time in the water it starts fine but it's after it set in the water for awhile then try to restart. Thanks

It's fuel leaking into the cylinders from the injectors. If you let it sit, the pressure stays high on the fuel injection system. So of the injectors leak, then fuel gets into the heads and floods the engine. It sucks... Follow the manual procedure to remove the fuel rail, and check the injectors for leaks. Should just be a drop or two per 15 mins or so. No more. Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back