Seadoo Wake -- WakeBoost Ballast system

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradholst

I'm looking to purchase a Seadoo primarily for tubing and skiing to use in place of my Pro-V Fishing boat. I'm assuming that our kids will want to Wakeboard in a couple years.

I was leaning on purchasing the Seadoo Wake model.

Does anyone have any experience on whether the WakeBoost Ballast system works well for Wake Boarding? How valuable is the ski plyon?

thanks for your recommendation

Brad

Hey Brad, suprisingly enough the 230 wake actually throws a pretty big wake. My friends (beginners mind you) don't even use the ballast tanks yet. We've filled the bags up once and there wake was bigger. The main complaint I have is that the middle area behind the boat is not smooth like it is with a stern drive. It's rough white water (foamy) and I'm told you never really have a chance to relax and let the boat pull you because of this. However, I've been pulling my 4 friends all at the same speed of 16 mph (as I said we're beginners). I'm told that when you go a bit faster it will smooth out this water a bit.

As for the Ski Pylon - we rarely use it since we only tube and wakeboard. There is an additional eyelet to tie off the tube on the transom.

pylon?

I was unaware the boats came with pylons anymore. Are you referring to a wake edition boat or wake edition ski?

I was unaware the boats came with pylons anymore. Are you referring to a wake edition boat or wake edition ski?

230 wake - jet boat

The poll pops up in between the 2 pads that make up the sundeck and locks into place. And then you simply push it back down when you're done with it.

My bad. I was looking for feedback on the Seadoo 155 and 215 Wake edition with the WakeBoost ballast system, not the 230 Wake boat.

thanks
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back