SeaDoo Wake Supercharger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyGomez

Hello everyone. I own a 2008 SeaDoo Wake Pro. This season the supercharger maintenance message came on so I took it to my mechanic to get rebuilt. After I got it back and took it to the lake, I realized that is was not going as fast as it was before the rebuild. I even thought I was using the learning key because it was only hitting 45 tops on the speedometer. After using it for a while, I came to the conclusion that something was wrong with the supercharger. The Wake sounds and runs well, I think the supercharger just isn't coming on or working properly since it won't go faster than 45 or take off like it used to. Unfortunately, between getting my wake back and realizing it had a problem, my mechanic died from Covid so I can't take it back to him and now I am stuck. Can someone please tell me what it might be? I'm deciding whether I should fine another local mechanic or just bite the bullet and take it to the dealership. Thanks in advance.

There is a specific way to re assemble the supercharger , there is a chance he put the friction washers in the wrong way and it is slipping too much. You could take it out and take a photo of it and we could tell you if it is correct.

Have you changed your spark plugs first? The 4tec engine runs surprisingly well on 2 cylinders but won't reach top speed.

If you want to check the supercharger quickly, just take off the intake hose and see if the impeller spins freely.

You can check the slip with the supercharger still in the ski by using a torque wrench in inch lbs and it has to be able to read in left hand thread, the torque spec is between 80 and 120 inch lbs. It has to be checked using reverse thread rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back