Wakeboard Rack - USELESS + prepared to get wet!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea-Doo Guru

I have a new 2019 Wake Pro 230. It comes with the wakeboard rack cleats pre-installed on the port side from the factory. I really would have liked them on the starboard side as the rack projects beyond the docking fenders if docking port side. Since I have to dock on the 230's port of my cruiser's swim deck it is a PITA to remove it and whatever it is holding to be able to dock.

Perhaps worse yet, if you are the 2nd or 3rd person behind the driver, prepare to get wet when turning port if the water is not glass - and then a very shallow turn - even when it isn't carrying anything. Bottom line, useless and the ski or wakeboard must be held by a passenger in the footwells. I made a fishing rod holder out of it for when I'm alone on the 230, but of course have to remove it to dock. Do the designers ever test features in a real world environment?

My 2015 Wake 155 wakeboard rack pops off randomly with any amount of chop in the water. Luckily the wakeboard floats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back