Seadoo Speedster 200 Mods!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoonPie

Got a lot done this weekend!

- New Steering wheel
- Light grey molded diamond Hydro Turf
- New Stereo head unit (bluetooth)
- Installed second battery with isolator for accessories (Not pictured)
- Installed LED deck lights
- Installed LED's inside of the cup holders
- Installed some LED's on the back of the boat

If anyone wants links to the products I used or how I made the cup holders let me know!

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

P.S. I have no idea if there is a better way to post pictures here please let me know. It would not let me upload two pictures if I tried to upload from my computer.

Attachments

• 2015-07-05 13.42.21.jpg
    2015-07-05 13.42.21.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 2015-07-05 13.42.38.jpg
    2015-07-05 13.42.38.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 2015-07-05 13.42.45.jpg
    2015-07-05 13.42.45.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • 2015-07-05 13.43.02.jpg
    2015-07-05 13.43.02.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 2015-07-05 13.43.23.jpg
    2015-07-05 13.43.23.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • 2015-07-05 13.43.59.jpg
    2015-07-05 13.43.59.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Has certainly given me some ideas for my speedster 200. Nice work.

Post pictures when its done! It was all reasonably simple to do, the cup holders were the most time consuming part. If you want some more pictures of anything let me know!

Those cup holders are tight! Post some how to pics for us. Turned out really good. I like that wheel too, who's is it and how much?

Cool, that's a smokin' price for a wheel. I fix electronic control boards for some of our machines at work, soldering is not a problem.

Cool, that's a smokin' price for a wheel. I fix electronic control boards for some of our machines at work, soldering is not a problem.

Should not be a problem in that case! (unless for some reason your hot glue gun skills are outstandingly bad)

The wheel is great! My only complaint is that the allen bolts that hold the wheel on are not stainless. Will end up replacing them asap!

LOL, my 7 yo daughter is like mini Martha Stewart. She's been running a hot glue gun a few years now.

Yeah, I kinda assumed those were like china chrome plated screws.

both. :cheers:

I guess the reason I haven't, is because I don't get out at night much. (although I like to be)

Yeah I don't really go out at night either, but it wasn't too expensive. The most expensive parts were the for Oznium flood lights (underwater ones). To do the cup holders and underwater lights it was probably less than $150.

And the steering wheel was necessary, the old one was torn and starting to get rusty.

Got some pictures of the cup holders!

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

Pretty simple, drill 5mm holes, hot glue leds in, solder them up and manage the cables. Then run wires throughout your boat, *important* solder a resistor onto the hot going into each cupholder, if you do not do this you will blow the leds (I used 220ohm, but that will change depending on how many leds you use.) Attach the cup holders somehow, I used some waterproof led connectors, but you can solder them directly up. Once the wires are run you can choose your own way to hook them up. The cup holders I wired into the deck lights, to figure out which wire I used a multimeter, but for the deck lights I am pretty sure it was the solid blue one (on my 2009 Seadoo Speedster 200). Pretty simple!

The underwater lights are wired up to the nav lights and the deck lights, to do this I ran power from both switches then soldered on some 1n4001 diodes (did this so the deck lights wouldn't turn on the nave lights and vise versa) then connected the four underwater leds into a single 20ohm(I think) resistor (once again this will change depending on the number of lights you use), then connected them to the diodes.

Links:
LED Waterproof connectors
LED's
Resistor Calculator
Underwater LED's
Deck Light LED bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back