New Seadoo Boat owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhael47

Hey people!

I am the proud owner of a 2009 Speedster 150 255hp. I am not new to boating, and not new to this generation of Seadoo products (having owned a 2006 wake 155 in the past) I've got a good handle on the maintenance items and have a mechanic going over it before we head out on the water later in the spring. It does have a recently rebuilt SC and it's been done right. This boat has been well maintained and it looks mint. That being said, there are two items I am likely going to have to address.

The first being the bimini top. The one that it comes with is a 3rd party one. It looks like it's pretty short on the boat. I do not believe I could stand up with it up. It's also the wrong color. I am going to give it a good shot, and make a decision whether or not I am going to use it or not. The previous owner did not use it much at all. From what I can tell, options for replacement bimini tops seem to have a couple of different designs. If you don't mind, anyone that has an aftermarket bimini, chime in and give me your thoughts on it. I would like to know about size and height of it, usefulness, ease of use etc.

The second thing I will likely need to address is the stereo. It has the stock stereo but upgraded speakers. I don't need anything fancy but the lack of bluetooth will be an issue. I could easily add a bluetooth dongle, or use the aux port. Again, anyone that has replaced the stereo, if you could chime in and let me know how you feel about that, I would greatly appreciate it. Here I would like to know about ease of replacement, any gotchas, if you used a marine or auto radio etc.

Attachments

• speedster 150.png
    speedster 150.png
    2 MB · Views: 31
Welcome to the club.

On your 2 items

The only Bimini that offers more height that I have seen is the tower. Mine has nothing and those long days on the water really put an ass whoppin on you by the end of the day.

On the stereo. You can basically use any marine deck. Mine has as Amp which is mounted behind the dash in the fuse area. Adding one would be very simple as all the wiring all comes there, including the fuse block.

Cheers,

Nice looking boat Mikhael! Curious what made you switch boats, good deal or the need for more power?

Is that the poppy company boat cover? How do you like it? I have the stock cover that is beaten up, but is great because can travel with, not sure if the poppy cover you can. I’ll need to spend about the same money just to repair.

Nice looking boat Mikhael! Curious what made you switch boats, good deal or the need for more power?

Is that the poppy company boat cover? How do you like it? I have the stock cover that is beaten up, but is great because can travel with, not sure if the poppy cover you can. I’ll need to spend about the same money just to repair.
We actually did not own a boat when we purchased this one. That being said I have owned quite a few over the years.

Our cover is not in the best condition either, but it does trailer ok with it and we're going to keep it for at least another year before we do anything in that regard.

Sheesh, not having much luck this year, we've been out 3 times, but only one trip was a nice day. That being said, boat runs great.

Sheesh, not having much luck this year, we've been out 3 times, but only one trip was a nice day. That being said, boat runs great.

Only been out once as well to put in the water and park at the marina. Been raining and storming since.

Welcome to the club.

On your 2 items

The only Bimini that offers more height that I have seen is the tower. Mine has nothing and those long days on the water really put an ass whoppin on you by the end of the day.

On the stereo. You can basically use any marine deck. Mine has as Amp which is mounted behind the dash in the fuse area. Adding one would be very simple as all the wiring all comes there, including the fuse block.

Cheers,
Do you have to have special speakers to add an amp on the stereo? Do you have pics of your stereo setup? Thanks

Have a 230 but stereos aren’t specific to a model, I used a Kenwood marine with Bluetooth. Works well off the phone. IMG_2416.JPG

For the speakers I replaced the stock with 4, MB Quart 6.5 MB Quart NK2-116W Nautic Speakers... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WRPGBT6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share Have them hooked to a 400watt amp. Also added a 10” Polk ultramarine sub and Polk hlcd tower speakers running off a Rockville 2,400w amp. I did add a 2nd battery with this setup.

As far as car vs marine, use marine grade, you might get away with 1-2 years without the extra protection but moisture will get in and corrode at some point, also don’t skimp on wiring or connectors wiring can make or break the system.

Happy to help with questions etc.

Here is what I have:

Clarion Marine Head Unit
Jl Audio Marine Speakers
Kenwood Amp

Mine came with all of this as the previous owner added it.c57852ae2edccd8930c7c4c182e9cac1.jpg6dbb2afb0dbda794adef90283cd2ba7b.jpgd3c29932e835e10a1db3c4ebebc5515b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back