Seadoo Islandia -- No throttle while in reverse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

p5786

I have a 2003 Seadoo Islandia 240hp. The last time out on the water, I noted that I was not able to increase throttle while in reverse. Maximum amount of throttle in reverse is the same as in neutral -- minimal(the throttle lever just will not move as it does in full throttle). Ido have Full throttle capabilities while in Forward. Can the control lever be adjusted or is this a cable issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird! It's a change from before? I would check and make sure all the wire ties are holding the cables in place.

We've got an expert on merc. powered boats. I'm going to move this thread as he's more likely to see in there.

Lou

Is the throttle lever physically locked into the idle position... or is it that when you move the throttle up... the RPMs only climb slightly?

The throttle lever is essentially locked. It may move about 1/4 to 1/2 inch when in reverse. This is about the same amount of throttle motion I have when in neutral. Boat starts fine in neutral. When in forward, appears throttle lever moves freely and full range. Thanks for any suggestions.

Been a while since I had to deal with boat problems. My Family had boats while I was growing up. I learned all my swear words when Dad would work on them!

Basically sounds like the shifter lever is not going all the way into the reverse position. You will need to make a small adjustment inside the lever assembly. Which is a fairly easy job... Check your Seadoo Shop manual and follow the directions.

Four screws hold the cover plate on top of the shift lever. Then there are 4 screws that hold the shift lever assembly to the boat. Once these are out you can lift the assembly up and expose the cable adjustments. There is a sliding clip that moves out of the way to allow you to rotate the cable adjustment one way or the other... With a little experimenting, you will be able to get the shift lever to completely reach the reverse cog and allow the throttle to move it's full swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back