seadoo? how about sea dont

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mikeasis

Less than a year old and o help from seadoo.

Attachments

• seadont.jpg
    seadont.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 156
  • seadont2.jpg
    seadont2.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 150
  • seadont3.jpg
    seadont3.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 148
  • seadont4.jpg
    seadont4.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 145
Was told by the dealer that hook on the back was for towing, after looking at how its made I cant believe we pulled a tuber with it. Now finding out this is no tow package. Now the dealer is saying its from neglect.

Last edited by a moderator:
specifically asked for a tow package this is what the dealer told us!

Hell after seeing how this thing is made I wouldn't tow the ski with it either! thin ass plastic.

I should also say the tuber was pulled in a no wake zone to the nearest beach and back 3 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah those plastic things are junk. I saw broken top decks and bottom hulls out at the races. Not from collision either just from riding waves hard. Others where rubbing off plastic just cranking on beach carts. Others had stripped holes in the sponsons and where the hulls split. Junk.

Yeah those plastic things are junk. I saw broken top decks and bottom hulls out at the races. Not from collision either just from riding waves hard. Others where rubbing off plastic just cranking on beach carts. Others had stripped holes in the sponsons and where the hulls split. Junk.

Broken top decks and hulls just from waves? funny. if they broke so easily you would see everyone having that problem.
rubbing off plastic? can you please elaborate on what that means?

stripped holes in sponsons where the hull splits?
that is interesting as it uses bolts and nuts....
troll much?

Troll? Haven't been fishing in years just got bit too hard with the 2-stroke Seadoo bug years ago and can't seem to make time for much else. If you mean spending too much time on this forum then I'm certainly guilty of that. But if you are thinking that I'm a liar who did not see these things in person over the last couple weeks I assure you I'm not.

"Rubbing off plastic" happened on Team Faith's white Spark. I was showing the ski to my son while Brian was working next to us in the pits. Those guys are first class pro's who run the entire tour every year but I think it was their first year, first race for running the Spark. When they went to slide the ski from the beach cart to the scissor stand it rubbed a gouge into their ski. It was not "abuse" by their standards it's the same way they treat their HX's and Blasters town after town. The only difference was that they were not used to how soft the material was compared to fiberglass/gelcoat.

Brian was also the one who told me about the screws stripping out behind the sponsons and where the hull is held together. I think they combated that one by sourcing or making upgraded hardware kits. To be fair these are not stock sponsons and these are the kind of fellas that split the hull all the time. I think he said they had it down to 11 minutes.

Broken Spark hull stories are all over the internet. I've seen(on line) wave jumpers fill in that back area under the split so it does not scoop water when they land to help with the issue. In person I've just seen it at round 1 (Pensacola) and round 2 (panama City). The other guys on my team stayed onsite at both and they befriended one of the Spark racers who was filling their ears with his issues. He had a gorgeous orange Spark with the top deck broken from his feet where he landed after a big wave. Then his hull broke on his other one he was racing.

The good news is the guy stayed up in PC and took his bottom deck from one and his top deck from the other and put them together to make a running ski. Then he won with it!

I really like the pride you have in your ride. Please consider my Spark bashing as a warning of things to look out for, nothing personal.

Matt,
thanks for the detailed explanation. Honestly, I took your previous comments as someone who just hates the concept of a plastic hull without seriously considering the design. Look like you have witnessed real-world issues. Sorry about my tone.

That said, it seems like the issues you have seen all stemmed from serious use at a competitive level, is that correct? Don't ALL watercraft/cars/ATVs/etc used at this level experience issues?

wow we see who works for seadoo (speed51133) and trolls forums defending them. when we split the hull to plastic weld the above cracks 2 screws stripped out at the rear of the ski. not all of them are nuts and bolts!

Like I stated the dealer stated we could use that rear hook for pulling a tuber as we asked for that exact reason for a tow package. how could that tow a 400+ pound ski and not break anyway after see how its made?

This hull design with the thickness of the plastic is a piss poor product plain and simple.

works for seadoo...hah!

whatever man. I just own a spark and have taken it apart a few times.
If the dealer told you to use that for tubing, the dealer was wrong. it was not a flawed design.

WOW, we had 3 seasons and 117 hours of big tubes, small tubes, kneeboards, wakebords and waterskies without a problem on our 2014 Spark before we sold it.
I would imagine a serious dealer would say that you should absolutely NOT tow from that spot if it was so weak.

They are not that tough. The hull problems are out there but the problem is no epidemic. It's just something to be aware of. It's good that they can offer a ski that's sized correctly at the same price as they did 20 years ago.

Ever google up "Seadoo Spark a true long distance story"? If not check that dude out. Now that's having confidence in your Spark!

I was told the same thing when buying my Trixx. Being able to tow a tube and skies are part of the reason I got it. Saving heaps of gas money towing with the Trixx instead of our gas guzzling 320hp boat (gas is $6,5/gallon in Norway).
This gives me second thoughts, but will check what the manual says. And buyer protection laws are very strict here so I would have a strong case if anything like this happens the first five years.
I guess we'll see how it goes [emoji38]

Just read the Norwegian user manual. And it specifically says the rear hook can be used to tow one(!) person on water skies, wake board or tube!

single and not very far. just towed someone in a tube to our local beach in the intercoastal maybe a mile, pretty much all in a no wake zone

You know what, I think I was previously wrong about NOT towing from the rear hook. Seadoo does make an accessory to tow from, and I was told by my dealer to only use it. But it seems MANY do tow tubers and skiers from the rear tow hook. Im not really sure what Seadoo's official instruction is on this.

I'm curious about this too. We were told by our dealership that we can pull tubers from the rear tow latch. I love my spark. So far it's great. It's a toy though. Rock the dock while boarding at it'll shred your toy. Big scratch the first day out. It's actually in the shop right now with a broken hull. Split it open like a pop can. ( brother in law was actually operating it ) which is surprisingly expensive to fix. Be close to $5000. Half parts half labour. 13 hour repair with 2 guys. Insurance job thank god. I'll definitely be taking a closer look at that rear tow hook. Silly me being told by dealership if I had a tube I would've tried it already

92.jpg
hit just right I guess

Back