Seadoo GTX no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanracer007

I have a 1997 GTX that is giving me trouble. IT started out by acting like it was hesitating. When I would go to take off it would hit about 5000rpm and bog. it would eventually go higher and take off. I then started hitting the throttle and letting off then hitting it again and it would take of like normal. After this I was riding around the lake (4t5h of July so it was rough). I hit a few wakes like normal and when it landed (not hard) the engine cut off and the digital display went off. I tried to start back up and the engine would turn over but not start. I took it out of the water and found I have no spark at the plugs. I get the 2 beeps when I put the key on but no fire. I have heard that it could be anything from the coil to the start/stop button. Has anyone else had this trouble? I replaced the plugs the morning of the incident so I don't think they would have any part of this but not sure where to start. I don't want to just start replacing everything one at a time as being a new father money is tight lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

gotta do a few tests, but theres a few things it can be. Broken pickup inside the mag housing or crusty grounds are most typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back