Seadoo Gtx help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. If you buy a running ski, you never know how long it'll stay running. I only bought one like that and 2 months later, the wrist pin bearings grenade. These skis are too old to have a good one that hasn't been worked on by someone. And even if you stumble on a low-hour barn-find, it'll at least need new rubber everywhere. I only buy them blown for cheap and rebuild completely.

Yup. If you buy a running ski, you never know how long it'll stay running. I only bought one like that and 2 months later, the wrist pin bearings grenade. These skis are too old to have a good one that hasn't been worked on by someone. And even if you stumble on a low-hour barn-find, it'll at least need new rubber everywhere. I only buy them blown for cheap and rebuild completely.
Well at least I feel like I am on the right track. LOL I look at these skis like I look at race bikes. The motor is questionable. First thing I do is the carbs and hoses and general clean up which is always extensive. Thank goodness we can get the parts we need. I am sticking with the 2 strokes 1996 ish.

Last edited:
Most Rotax motors are considered "High Performance" and hence are pretty demanding motors. To squeeze 100hp out of 2 cylinders, from a motor that you can cradle in your arms is definitely a feat. Think about a 115hp outboard, or even a the motor in your Honda. They're massive in comparison.

The way I test for spark is pull both plugs and clip them both in a jumper cable. The other end, I clip onto the brass part of the overheat sensor. I do this to avoid igniting any fuel vapors that may be in the hull/come out of clyinders. You should see both plugs spark with fat blue sparks as you crank the engine.
Mine I could see but sometimes they were there sometimes not! Maybe this different ebox and harness will do the trick!

No way man, we got dis !! My fixes on this ski are simple but increasingly expensive. At least I will know what I have when I am done.
Well at the end of the day if I end up not being able to fix it I can make my money back off the trailer, motor, etc lol

I am so retarded I am going to look at two skis and a trailer today. Question, how does one dispose of a jet ski hull? Simple sell it to fools like me. Ha ha.

Seriously though.... what is the best way to dispose of a jet ski hull ?? This will affect my purchase as I think one will be for parts.

I just drive them to the local dump 10 minutes away. It's usually $5 a hull for skis, I think I paid $24 for a speedster hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back