Seadoo Gtx help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip flooded. Like mikidy said turn fuel off and crank. Pull plugs, clean fuel off and repeat till no fuel on gap of plugs. Or i have grounded spark plugs on grounding posts and cranked engine with paper towels over spark plug holes to capture fuel. All with fuel selector off. Warning- be careful. First time i did it sent me to emergency room. I didnt use paper towels! Whoopsies.

Yip flooded. Like mikidy said turn fuel off and crank. Pull plugs, clean fuel off and repeat till no fuel on gap of plugs. Or i have grounded spark plugs on grounding posts and cranked engine with paper towels over spark plug holes to capture fuel. All with fuel selector off. Warning- be careful. First time i did it sent me to emergency room. I didnt use paper towels! Whoopsies.
It sounded like it was trying to do something when I had fuel off. Ran the battery down

It sounds flooded. Turn the fuel off and crank it with the throttle wide open. Then pull the plugs and make sure the gap isn't bridged with fuel if it still doesn't start.

You need to check the carbs on this thing.
Sounded like it was trying to do something with fuel off throttle wide open but battery died. Keep trying until it starts? Or what’s next step

Carbs, carbs, carbs.
well pulled the carbs apart and they looked perfect. Needle jets gaskets filters all sadly. But i did notice i was missing a bolt to mount the carb, which i may have done checking the timing but surely not. Now what? Im ready to burn this thing!!

You have to check pop off on the carbs and leak down when they are back together. I am still betting your needles are leaking and flooding the engine. Pull them back off and check.

Thank you im just at loss. Its getting fuel it has spark. Maybe my definition of a good spark isnt good enough. Ive searched but cannot find anything, anyone have any pictures of what a good spark looks like?

Man I chased a "no spark" on my 1st GTX for the longest. I made friends with ALL the electronics and boldly when where I had not gone before :) The problems with my " no spark" was the pick up on the flywheel. Funny how it starts right up now. LOL I think I spent a week on just that issue with research and all.

You have to check pop off on the carbs and leak down when they are back together. I am still betting your needles are leaking and flooding the engine. Pull them back off and check.
will do how do i go about doing that? do i have to have a special tool?

Man I chased a "no spark" on my 1st GTX for the longest. I made friends with ALL the electronics and boldly when where I had not gone before :) The problems with my " no spark" was the pick up on the flywheel. Funny how it starts right up now. LOL I think I spent a week on just that issue with research and all.
I am convinced at this point im almost a certified jet ski mechanic haha

You can make one very easy. Brass tee, Schrader valve, hose barb, pressure gauge and a bike pump.
0beb38ce612dbda69aeb49a2725750f1.jpg

Still no luck my man. Do you think I should just buy another rear ebox with a wiring harness. I have found one online, since mine is hacked up.
Gene votes buying the Ebox since mikidymac suggested this in post 27 of this thread. :) At least that's how I took the post. I hate just buying parts as a means of repairwhich is why it takes me so long to fix stuff. :) Sometimes ya just gotta.

Here is my method of checking a carb engine. Air filter off and a shot of starting fluid. If the engine fires and runs a bit, I know it is a fuel problem. This isn't an exact science but it gets me in a direction. That said... nothing is 100% YMMV. Personally after reading the thread, I think you have an electrical or timing problem. That opinion an a few bucks would get you a beer. LOL

Like you... I know way to much about jet skis and not by choice. Good Luck !!

Here is my method of checking a carb engine. Air filter off and a shot of starting fluid. If the engine fires and runs a bit, I know it is a fuel problem. This isn't an exact science but it gets me in a direction. That said... nothing is 100% YMMV. Personally after reading the thread, I think you have an electrical or timing problem. That opinion an a few bucks would get you a beer. LOL

You are better off using a little pre-mix. Starting fluid is very hard on 2-strokes as there is no lubrication.

YMMV. I rarely use it but there is always a can in the shop and the hangar. Nectar of the gods !! :D

I’ve tried starting fluid probably twice my friend with no luck. So I have ordered another rear ebox and harness hopefully that will solve the issue

Good luck. I am running into problem after problem on the GTX. This engine was junk from the beginning. Not many parts are/were usable. The quest continues !! Git SUM !!

The way I test for spark is pull both plugs and clip them both in a jumper cable. The other end, I clip onto the brass part of the overheat sensor. I do this to avoid igniting any fuel vapors that may be in the hull/come out of clyinders. You should see both plugs spark with fat blue sparks as you crank the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back