SeaDoo GSX 2000y 787 engine, Stator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDooBeginer

Hi All! If stator is not working, will i be able to start engine? (I'm not sure maybe there is any sensors who will not let start engine if stator is out of order). Thanks.

What makes you think the stator is bad? Is the engine turning over? Are you getting an spark at the plugs?

I have checked the stator. Yes, engine turning over, but not starting. After good few turns gives loud kinda explosion sound at the back. Plugs gives spark all right.

If you're getting "fire at the right time" all you need is fuel at the right time :) and it will go. Do you have a steady consistent spark or is it intermittent ?? If you got a good spark why do you suspect the stator of being faulty??

I had a no spark on my GTX and every now and again it would start. Then you'd shut it off and it wouldn't start. The no fire condition was caused by the "Pick Up Coil" near the stator being full of rusty junk. The coil tested good when checked with the meter. These things can be frustrating at times. Good Luck

If you're getting "fire at the right time" all you need is fuel at the right time :) and it will go. Do you have a steady consistent spark or is it intermittent ?? If you got a good spark why do you suspect the stator of being faulty??

I had a no spark on my GTX and every now and again it would start. Then you'd shut it off and it wouldn't start. The no fire condition was caused by the "Pick Up Coil" near the stator being full of rusty junk. The coil tested good when checked with the meter. These things can be frustrating at times. Good Luck
Thanks a million !!! for your response etemplet, Very Much Appreciate. Yes, you were right, stator is ok. Spark is steady and consistent. I was going to upload a video to show you whats happening, but file didnt went tru probably because its too large. It seems the problem is injectors, it does not gives fuel. This is next what im going to work on. Keep in touch, Thanks once again!

And the quest continues. Good Luck my brother !! :)
Hi bro! The new injectors has been instaled. it seems its better now cos no more rear explosions. But did not start anyways. Once i press ''start'' it starts and runs for a two seconds but than stops.
Would you have any ideas ? Thank you.

Hi bro! The new injectors has been instaled. it seems its better now cos no more rear explosions. But did not start anyways. Once i press ''start'' it starts and runs for a two seconds but than stops.
Would you have any ideas ? Thank you.

I sent the injectors out for cleaning on a 99 GTX I bought a couple weeks ago. Cost me $48 to get them done up right. :) I'm also gonna replace the fuel filters in the tank as per MIki's recommendation. I have not worked on a SeaDoo with fuel injection but I've had a few encounters with fuel injection on other vehicles. :D Doesn't look that complicated but I'm sure it can be tricky. :) Check your fuel pressure. Did you download a repair manual yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back