Seadoo GSI Engine driveshaft alignment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colseadoo1955

I have a 1997 Seadoo GSI, bought cheap and am kind of baselining it by rebuilding or fixing every moving part on it that I can see needs, I pulled the engine out and rebuilt carb, starter, etc. When I pulled it up to remove it two shims fell out from under the cradle but I couldn't tell which two motor mounts they went on. I assume they were put there as an alignment adjustment and wonder how would I check this as I can see the engine and driveshaft alignment on this is critical. Also, that carbon bushing that rides in from off the big boot where the driveshaft goes into the lower hull does not fit tight around the shaft. Is this normal or am I missing a sleeve of some sort. I cannot see how this bushing rides against that stainless steel sleeve near the front would keep water from leaking in the hull from the pump. Thanks for the help in advance.

Here it is out of the hull. Upon inspection of the pump. it appears the wear ring is worn out and particularly in a way that indicates the impellor was not centered properly even though the bearings feel OK and are rather tight (no play).

Attachments

• seadoo driveshaft.jpg
    seadoo driveshaft.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back