Seadoo flipped yesterday and today it died twice while moving

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarrieTX

We have a 2007 RXT Rotax Supercharged 4 stroke...the Seadoo flipped yesterday and was underwater for about 2 minutes or less. It was 4th of July and tons of boats were heading our way and the waves were about to flip us again so we had to start it. It smoked for a second and we shut it off and then drove it about 15 minutes back to the dock where we had no issues. We took it out today to check it and it was running great but died when we slowed down... we decided to go back to the dock and we're going about 20 mph...it died again. Has anyone had any problems with this or can tell is what they think it is or what to do? Thanks is advance!

There is a piston inside the T.O.P.S. sensor, maybe that got stuck in the tip over position and it's causing the engine to shut off. If you remove the crankcase vent the T.O.P.S is built into it and you can hear the piston flop inside when you turn it over, the piston is designed to kill the engine and block oil from draining out when the engine is upside down. Other than that did you check the oil level?

There is a piston inside the T.O.P.S. sensor, maybe that got stuck in the tip over position and it's causing the engine to shut off. If you remove the crankcase vent the T.O.P.S is built into it and you can hear the piston flop inside when you turn it over, the piston is designed to kill the engine and block oil from draining out when the engine is upside down. Other than that did you check the oil level?
Thank you so much and no I haven’t! I will do that tomorrow ! Thank you so much

Check the Front Fuse box for any moisture as well. There's a 5 Pin relay that if it gets wet at all, will shut the ski down. Happened to me when a Carbon Ring failed, and water got it that way. Easy check to eliminate that as an possibility. If it is wet, I would replace. Available at any auto parts store for around $12

Check the Front Fuse box for any moisture as well. There's a 5 Pin relay that if it gets wet at all, will shut the ski down. Happened to me when a Carbon Ring failed, and water got it that way. Easy check to eliminate that as an possibility. If it is wet, I would replace. Available at any auto parts store for around $12
Great Tip! Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back