Seadoo challenger 2001, Bitch to start, live in Ireland need your help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Seadoo challenger 2001, Pain to start, live in Ireland need your help

Hi I have boght a seadoo challenger in America and have shipped it home to Ireland where i live. Only boat of its kind around and what a boat brillent fun. Only have the boat 2 months it has a singel 240 mercury engine in her. My problem is when i 1st put her in the water she wont start in the water. I have to leave her on the trailer and start her before she gose in. Then in the water i would warm her up with a spin to get her going but when you turn of the boat most of the time she wont start up for ages could be the for 5mins turning the key and she soundsl like she wants to fire but wont what a pain. I changed the spark plugs yesterday in her while i was out on the water and she still did the same. But i took 1 of the new spark plugs out to have a look at them and the looked oiley. Please let me Know what yee think and thanks for your help regards leo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard starting

Do you push the key in to choke it? I had similar problem with mine. Could also be your enrichment valve. Sitting in boat looking at engine , on upper, left side , you will see the valve ,it has 3 hoses off one side and a shiney plate on top(3/4") . Press and hold the shiney plate/button for 5 seconds and release. the boat should start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back