1995 GTX throttles but bogs and doesnt go anywhere.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SamanthaDG

My seadoo starts perfectly, i cleaned carbs at the beginning of the summer. I took her out on the water a few times no issue. Over the 4th of July weekend she started having this issue.
When I give her gas she revs but feels bogged down and just has no go in her. If i turn the handlebars to the left or right slightly then it will catch and she will take off. Never stalls, never dies, idels just fine.

you're in the 4Tec forum but you're talking about a carbed model.

When you say it revs but won't go, does the engine actually rev up to the limiter and just doesn't move? If so that sounds like cavitation, check your wear ring. I've never heard of it taking off after moving the steering left or right though. The nozzle is disconnected from the actual driveline so shouldn't affect motion.

you're in the 4Tec forum but you're talking about a carbed model.

When you say it revs but won't go, does the engine actually rev up to the limiter and just doesn't move? If so that sounds like cavitation, check your wear ring. I've never heard of it taking off after moving the steering left or right though. The nozzle is disconnected from the actual driveline so shouldn't affect motion.
Oh thanks! I wasnt sure what forum i should be in, still learning all the things.
So, it will move in idel and when given just a little gas but if i try to go fast and throttle i, it revs but doesnt go any faster than when in idel.
i hope im making sense.

Oh thanks! I wasnt sure what forum i should be in, still learning all the things.
So, it will move in idel and when given just a little gas but if i try to go fast and throttle i, it revs but doesnt go any faster than when in idel.
i hope im making sense.
Yes, sounds like cavitation. Exact same thing happened to me when something got sucked through the pump.

Look through the nozzle and see if the plastic liner around the prop is chewed up. If not you need to measure the clearance but my bet is you need a new wear ring.

Back