Seadoo 951 Oil Lines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhood544

This may be me just worrying to much but I recently replaced the oil lines on my 02 xp 951. I replaced the oil injection lines with 1/8" ID tygon. I see on this forum that most people are saying that they are 3/32" ID. Could this potentially cause any problems being slightly the wrong ID?

let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

I'm not worried about them popping off because they still have a nice snug fit plus they are cinched tight with zip ties, I was more concerned with a possible change in oil flow or something because of the slightly larger line?

One thing about that yellow line , I have been getting bad quality line lately and it splits over the barbs on my weed eater and chainsaw fuel lines. I might have used it on the 99. I will have to check

One thing about that yellow line , I have been getting bad quality line lately and it splits over the barbs on my weed eater and chainsaw fuel lines. I might have used it on the 99. I will have to check
I saw the same thing with some of the lines I had but I don't think I installed that one. Gotta be careful for certain.

I'm not worried about them popping off because they still have a nice snug fit plus they are cinched tight with zip ties, I was more concerned with a possible change in oil flow or something because of the slightly larger line?
I'm pretty sure I have used 1/8" on the 951. The smaller stuff I put on the 787. I match the tubing size with what was/is on there and make a decision. Using a small line just because it fits tighter to me can be dangerous because FLOW is the issue. One could go too small and the smaller the line diameter the more difficult it is for the oil to flow. Good Luck !

Lil Update on the oil lines. My oil pump finally arrived for the 951 and as I am converting back to Injection from Premix, I finally have all the fittings to compare. 1/8" doesn't grab the fittings on the pump as I w like. Like the Original Poster I got the ty-wraps on the hose very tight. It would be an easy swap to 3/32 at this point which I may do. Just thought I'd share.

Lil Update on the oil lines. My oil pump finally arrived for the 951 and as I am converting back to Injection from Premix, I finally have all the fittings to compare. 1/8" doesn't grab the fittings on the pump as I w like. Like the Original Poster I got the ty-wraps on the hose very tight. It would be an easy swap to 3/32 at this point which I may do. Just thought I'd share.
okay thanks for the update. Yeah i bought the 3/32" ID just to have incase i want to switch out, which i may do. I'm gonna take the ski out once and see if there are any signs of leaking from the oil injection lines. As far as the oil line type i would make sure you buy the Tygon fuel line, that seems to be the trusted oil/fuel line. It should also have Saint-Gobain written on the the fuel line too. That will confirm it is genuine Tygon. As Rabid stated some of those off brand yellow fuel/oil lines can cause problems. There is actually a review of someone on amazon that used an off brand yellow 3/32" ID oil injection line on his 951 and it cracked after 3 years at the barb and he is now replacing a top end :/. just an FYI.

Just a heads up you can still buy the OEM stuff from Seadoo for cheap and it will be correct and last another 20 years. Not saying the aftermarket stuff won’t but sounds like there’s some lower quality stuff floating around.

I purchased both the injection line and oil feed line from a SeaDoo dealer and was cheap. I was paranoid about the fit of the aftermarket hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back