seadoo 787 Pump Spacer Extender parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matteomoss

Hi, I just need a little bit more info for my project. I recently bought a pump spacer off Ebay for my 97 seadoo SPX 787. I also have purchased a steering cable which is longer than my stock cable and I believe its the correct one. Also I have rigged the VTS rod to accomodate the added length. The only question I need clarifying if anyone please can help is for the Driveshaft. I purchased one on Ebay as well and just by the look of it i believe its not long enough. Does anyone know the length of driveshaft I need? Or the OEM Part number for it? The Ebay seller confirmed with me it came off a 95 XP 720 which had a pump spacer...so will this work with my 787 engine? I want to start bolting stuff on but if i need to order another driveshaft then i wanna wait because my doo is driveable the way it is and i dont want it laying around useless haha...Hope someone can help thanks!!

Matt

Yes you need a longer one for the 787. That correct VTS link is available on the used market also. Make sure whatever you built is strong and stainless. Anyway, if you can't find a XP800 driveshaft reasonably you can use the 21" one from a GTX(96-97 I believe). It will have the groove for the carbon seal setup but you can still use the carrier bearing if you space the seal away from that groove.

Thanks Matt, already looking at a couple driveshafts on Ebay...and yes my VTS rig up is stainless and very durable...thanks for the help cant wait to bolt everything on! The seasons right around the corner! If I have any other questions ill ask again!!

Yup you need the 21" I have a straight one if interested although shipping it to canada is prob gonna be a bit pricey.

Yup you need the 21" I have a straight one if interested although shipping it to canada is prob gonna be a bit pricey.

Get me a quote for priced shipped to my mailbox in Niagara Falls, NY...wish i seen this reply earlier i just put an offer on one on Ebay....the guys asking $50 US i offered $30 US so its pending. Im sure ill find out by tomorrow...thanks for the reply and maybe we can do business!
Matt

Yes you need a longer one for the 787. That correct VTS link is available on the used market also. Make sure whatever you built is strong and stainless. Anyway, if you can't find a XP800 driveshaft reasonably you can use the 21" one from a GTX(96-97 I believe). It will have the groove for the carbon seal setup but you can still use the carrier bearing if you space the seal away from that groove.

Hey Matt, just wondering if you have any advice or steps on removing the pump studs so I can replace them with a longer stud to accomodate the 4"spacer im putting on. I dont seem to see anything on the inside of the hull. Are these machined somehow in the hull or is there nuts on the inside to grab a hold of?? Or is there something easier that im not thinking about that can be done? Thanks hope you can help, appreciate it

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back