Seadoo 3d wont rev up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

garrett

Seadoo 3d

I have a 2005 seadoo 3d it runs great untill its warm. When the ski warms up it only has about half the power it should. It might be in limp mode but no warning light. The ski has good compression and new plugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfi?...

I have a 2005 seadoo 3d it runs great untill its warm. When the ski warms up it only has about half the power it should. It might be in limp mode but no warning light. The ski has good compression and new plugs.

That was the year of the 787 RFI (rotax fuel injected) model.

I think I'd check the simple things first. When it runs good for that period of time, then begins to run bad; signs of a possible exhaust leak. When exhaust gases begin to fill up your engine compartment, your motor starts to suck in excessive amounts of CO (carbon monoxide) which displaces the oxygen needed for combustion.

When I am troubleshooting this on the skis, I just take off the seat, which opens the engine up to the outside air to keep the CO from building up. Most times, you can also see the area of where-bouts the exhaust leak is.

On the 3D models, you have an engine cover that makes it impractical to remove while driving. So, I have no real idea of how to go about that.

You can also have an issue with fuel pressure. Though, I'd think this would be a problem from the start of the engine rather than after it warms up. I'd still do a pressure test.

You might also check your RAVE valves. If they have not been cleaned regularly, you can have a carbon build up that is causing them from operating properly. This will have a dramatic reduction in performance. So, pull them out and check them for carbon deposits. You can pull off their covers and gently try and lift up on the black caps. These are attached to your bellows. If they lift freely, about 3/8" to 1/2", then they may not be the cause. If you see signs of oil deposits around them, you might have a blown bellows.

Thats about all I can think of just right off hand. I hope this helps a little.....:cheers:

hi i had same prob , it was my fuel filter on top of the fuel tank full of gunk and water , hope this helps thanks mark

yeah its part of the fuel regulator thats 150 to buy , ive cleaned mine but it needs a new one , if u look down the pipe u can see a sort of filter element.
hmmmmm not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back