Sea-doo wetsuits

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Richard Law

We bought a new leftover shorty sea-doo womens wetsuit. We will be using it in San Diego with our GTX and would like to know if we will have success just using it for bodysurfing etc? What is it's thickness? How do we care for it? THANKS!

Best way to care for any wetsuit is to rinse it with fresh water thoroughly after use and try not to store it folded up to prevent creases.

Unless the suit is some crazy thick arctic suit, it should be fine for just about any sport with the exception of triathalon (which needs a particularly thin suit for swimming).

I have a spring suit that is entering its 14th year of use. My dad originally gave it to me for scuba diving (used once). But most of the time I have used it in Northern California for jetskiing and wakeboarding.

If the suit really stinks, try using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap - Trader Joe's also has their own version that isn't quite as concentrated.

You can also use woolite in the washing machine, half the soap you would normally use, and on gentle cycle. Hang it to dry.

Or hand wash and rinse it out.

I use a 1/2 spring suit until it gets REALLY cold, and have a 2/3 full suit which I seldom use. If it gets that cold that I need a full suit, I usually engage in a different hobby that day...

Back