Sea-Doo Spark Video Exclusive with Jacques Mayrand, Director of Design and Innovation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
It took a while to get this cut up and edited, but thought you guys would enjoy this video.

Lots of insight to the design process for the spark from Jacques Mayrand. He's one hell of an interesting guy and gives a great interview.

Sorry the audio drops at points....I didn't have a lav mic it was all I could do to remove the loud insects in the area.

[video=youtube;UKwJ7RqSY1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKwJ7RqSY1Y[/video]

He says the stock sponsons allow you to slide. I wonder how much the Spark will cut with aftermarket sponsons.

Thanks Joe. I'd really like to see a video of what the inside of this thing looks like along with the top shell. As of now we in CT won't be able to get a look at this new machine till X-Mas

They didn't open up the engine the second day as I was told they would. so I only have a couple quick pictures, unfortunately, and none of the top shell separate.

engine.jpgengine2.jpg

Hadn't thought about it until just now but I hope all that black plastic skeleton stuff doesn't fade and end up being gray in a few years. Like the stuff Chevy put on the Avalanche for example.

Go on YouTube, check out heat gun Jeep. Is the same process guys use to restore the plastic hoods on the seadoos. I'm sure if you do a search here you will find pics of it. Or buy a graphic kit and cover the plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8jGm6vIfk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

That may work but you shouldn't have to. Yeah on a 15yr old ski I can see it. It doesn't matter if its a $5000 ski or a $40,000 truck, the plastic trim shouldn't look like crap in a couple years.
I'm just saying I hope that BRP took this into account when researching and designing.

I was searching jet pump + spark

There is only a handful of data out on these now. So there are only a few threads that have all this information in them. You have to keep your search general and not the specific part you're looking for.

clever, but even with google I can't find the actual pics...

Glad you liked it I thought it was pretty slick. I assumed by the color and the name most guys could google and figure out that it was on green hulk.

I'm interested in this wear ring replacement system they designed...

first one with a PDF FSM of this thing wins!

Back