Sea Doo - No Beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDOCTOR

Hi Guys,

I have a 2001 XP and yesterday at sea it cut out. Yes much fun getting it back to shore...

When i connect the lanyard it has no beeps and won't start at all. I have cheked the fuse box (all good), check the battery terminal and it seems fine. Cleaned the lanyard.

Can anyone help..!

thanks in advance.

It sounds like you need a new DESS post. If your not getting any beeps and your mpem does not recognize your key then you will not be able to operate the ski. Are you getting anything when you pop your key on the DESS post, like gauges lighting up?

It sounds like you need a new DESS post. If your not getting any beeps and your mpem does not recognize your key then you will not be able to operate the ski. Are you getting anything when you pop your key on the DESS post, like gauges lighting up?

.. Im not sure .. im not getting any beeps wat so ever.. i have even tried to press the ignition button 5 times ( i think thats what you do) and nothing.. not a beep..? The Cap Key (DESS ?) seems fine.. i mean its not damaged..? The wires seem all fine.. ??

do the gauges wake up when you put the lanyard on?

if you press the start button with the lanyard off, do the gauges wake up?

if no, check the 15A fuse in the black box (not on the MPEM). make sure your getting power to the MPEM through the red/purple wire.

I've got the same problem. No beeps and guages don't ever come on. I did pull the wire harness apart on the DESS and with a test light found I had power (putting the ground clip on the middle plug and touching the black/yellow wire plug).

What do the guages not coming on mean in this situation (in combination with the beeps not sounding when key is put on post)?

Will the guages not come on if the post is bad and isn't sending the right information to the mpem?

Or are the guages not coming on a seperate issue (from the lack of beeps)?

I've checked the two electrical boxes with a test light. I've got power to both fuses in the rear box and all three in the front. I also tested the two posts on the solenoid. The light comes on when testing the post running to the battery but doesn't when testing the wire leading to the starter cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back