RXT-X problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrxtx

I just bought a 2009 RXT-X that had a miss & 12V code on. Replaced plugs, coils and injectors and miss gone. Charged battery also. Put it in the water for the first time and seemed to run well but wouldn't go over 45mph. 12V light still on and I had several inches of water in the hull when I pulled out 15 mins later. Ski actually sat in the water for several minutes while I parked trailer and I popped off the hood to check for leaks before I took it out and looked fine. So maybe leak has to do with running ? Where should I start ?

Put the ski on the trailer and back it down on the boat ramp. Remove the seat-support and other items that will prevent you from observing the carbon seal and the O.P.A.S. components.

With a bright flashlight in hand, start the ski up and look for the leak. This is how I found my problem. I thought it was the carbon seal, but it was the center O.P.A.S valve.

For the 12V low, either your battery is bad or your voltage regulator is going bad. These skis are very sensitive to having the proper voltage and can do all kinds of weird things without it.

For the 12V low, either your battery is bad or your voltage regulator is going bad. These skis are very sensitive to having the proper voltage and can do all kinds of weird things without it.

Concur, put a multi-meter on the battery while it's running, and rev the engine to 3500 RPM. You can do that while you're looking for your leak. You should have 13.6VDC at the battery, but not more than 15VDC. If your voltage is low (or over 15), the most probably cause is the voltage regulator.

It wasn't charging...replaced corroded fuse and it's charging well now.....Now the water leak....I tilted the trailer up and closed the drains and put a hose in rear of ski to look for leaks...thought for sure it would be opas fittings....but water soon started coming out the exhaust exit.....I would guess there is a crack in the exhaust or a hose off....ski looked like it had a new head put on it before I purchased it.....there was a hose off on the pump nozzle someone forgot to reattach so I guess anything is possible.....anything else to check ??

That's good, but if you follow my suggestion, you will probably locate the leak quickly. See, the way your are doing it, gravity is your only friend. When you run the ski on the ramp, you pressurize the OPAS lines and the exhaust lines. Plus, you have the dynamic leakage (if any) of the carbon seal (as opposed to a static leak).

It seems almost impossible to see anything in the rear engine compartment with all the hoses and intercooler....seems like I'd have to remove several of them to see anything.....then I don't think I can run it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back