RXT-X In review after 9 hours.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbzy

I just took delivery of my new 255. After having owned an 05 Wake 155, I was expecting a fair grin to appear...and it did right from the first whirring sound from the supercharger at idle.

Three quarter throttle for the first ten hours is plenty to make the run in hours pass by gleefully!

It hauls away from a standing start and if the new trim feature is up, the thing leaps out of the water after travelling about 3 metres on flat water - nice party trick!

The variable trim is great in the surf and just a short 3/4 blip on the throttle launches the beast skywards at a seconds notice. Side effect of too much up trim is a significant reduction in turning circle and response. Full down returns the turning to that of my previous wake edition.

There was some odd power variations at about 4000 rpm or 40 - 50 kph. At one point I wondered whether the supercharger had lost its drive. Then above 70 kph it came hauling back. Try it again five minutes later and the problem had gone. This on and off occured about 3 times Any Ideas?

Interestingly in a straight line drag, a 2001 130 HP Single Seater Sea Doo kepps pace until 90 kph.

UPS

Good Power
Variable Trim is great
Good Fuel Economy

DOWNS

Less Nimble
No Boarding Ladder
No decimal point on the hour meter

All in all, a happy camper here! ,:hurray: Dibbzy

Wow, hot rod!

Wow, what a nice ride dude!.....with a manufacturers suggested retail price of $13,299, what a great steal for such a high powered craft.
One of the things that seem interesting, if I’m reading this right, the High Performance Electronic VTS adjusts the attitude of the watercraft based on your weight, with 2 preset positions. That’s awesome. No thumbing around continuously. With all the craft listed in your profile, it won’t take you long to have this power horse machine mastered!.....I’m so jealous of all these members getting these new HP watercraft, I’m drooling. But….., I have a wife who has been watching me look through the new line of Sea-Doo’s on their web-site and the shake in her head and roll in her eyes tell me it’s a definite “NO” before I can even dream about asking!………..
Although it has the same engine as the 2007 GTX limited, there must be something changed somewhere to make it a little more beefier. The new RXP-X spec sheet doesn’t give me full data to do a complete comparison with, but from first glance, it’s the same. Same bore, stroke and compression ratio too. I’m thinking the throttle body and/or cam lobes are a bit different. I’m sure the electronics package has changed. It in itself does the high performance tuning, changing the fuel/air ratio as needed for peak performance.
Dude, that thing is awesome…….can I come over for a test ride?.........

Attachments

• RXT-X.jpg
    RXT-X.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 8
That thing is a super hot rod. I have read a couple things about and it is a high performance rocket.
Karl

$13,299 ????? I Wish!

$13,299 you say. God Bless America!
In Australia our dollar is trading around 90 cents US plus the fact the we have import duties and taxes etc. What does this mean? Try $25,300 with a modest trailer!
Funny though.....I never gave it a thought once it started.
Dibbzy

That engine roar just erases all memory of a lot of things...it's cost, your job, bills, gas prices....all gone with a push of a starter...lol

Wow, what a nice ride dude!.....with a manufacturers suggested retail price of $13,299, what a great steal for such a high powered craft.
One of the things that seem interesting, if I’m reading this right, the High Performance Electronic VTS adjusts the attitude of the watercraft based on your weight, with 2 preset positions. That’s awesome. No thumbing around continuously. With all the craft listed in your profile, it won’t take you long to have this power horse machine mastered!.....I’m so jealous of all these members getting these new HP watercraft, I’m drooling. But….., I have a wife who has been watching me look through the new line of Sea-Doo’s on their web-site and the shake in her head and roll in her eyes tell me it’s a definite “NO” before I can even dream about asking!………..
Although it has the same engine as the 2007 GTX limited, there must be something changed somewhere to make it a little more beefier. The new RXP-X spec sheet doesn’t give me full data to do a complete comparison with, but from first glance, it’s the same. Same bore, stroke and compression ratio too. I’m thinking the throttle body and/or cam lobes are a bit different. I’m sure the electronics package has changed. It in itself does the high performance tuning, changing the fuel/air ratio as needed for peak performance.
Dude, that thing is awesome…….can I come over for a test ride?.........

Wow that really sucks for you. I am glad I married the right women every time I read these type of post about how the wife dictates what goes on in the house.
Alot of stuff is backwards in todays world. I guess it is better than your wife being a Man.

In my house...I buy my toy's and tell her I'll take her for a ride if she wants... I never ask permission. uh, she ask's me if things are ok for her to buy. She works for me in MY business. If she doesn't show up for work, oh wel,l I get the job done. If I don't show up for work the store is closed...It's just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back