RXT X 260 reoccurring check engine & IBR lights with limp mode activation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLgator

New PWC owner here....I have a 2013 RXT X 260 with 90 hours I purchased about a month ago. Runs awesome, but experiencing an issue whereby after either 20 minutes (1st time) or (1 hour today), the IBR and check engine lights comes one and the power is decreased substantially enough that I limp home with a max speed of 30. Took it to the shop after the first time and the only code was an oil change reminder which had been done but not cleared. They couldn't find anything else and said it was in good condition. I replaced the plugs right after the purchase, engine compression is good and consistent across all cylinders.

Todays issue started after 1 hour of riding (cruising 45-55, with a few fast sprints), I shut if off to drift for a few minutes...once started back up, it started acting up after about 2 minutes. Can't read any messages in the center screen (if there are any) as the polarization fade is really bad...even after I put new film inside the control module.
Any help is appreciated.

All the connections were very tight and totally clean. Battery appears to be new, but will put a battery tender on it to ensure a full charge.

A malfunction of the IBR will signal the ECM to go into limp mode with a check engine light.
Search

IBR Not Working and no Fault Codes​

for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back