RXT Top Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't that ski go upwards of 70mph already? Why would you want to go any faster than that on a jet ski? If you fall off at that speed it would be like hitting concrete!! Just remember that.

yes all muscle skis have a top speed at somewhere around 70mph give or take.
why would he want to go faster? Cause he can and wants to do it!
Why do guys buy motorcycles that go 180MPH? Cause they can and want to do it!
Why do those guys drive on on wheel 100MPH down the road? Cause they can and want to do it?
Why does a really hot chic called Danica Patrick drive a Indy race car 150+ MPH thru a turn on race track? Cause she can and wants to do it!
Why did Neil Armstrong set foot on moon and risk his life straped on a big rocket? cause he could and wanted to do it!

there are a lot of things in this world that are risky but we still do it. If we wanted to live a perfectly safe life that would be damn near impossible. I read a story about some soldier that survived every damn conflict since 1970, retired went home took a shower sliped on soap and died in bathtub. Point is you just cant tell the future, go out there and live the life.

Do what you want to do man, its your money and your decision.

Most people have a problem controlling a seadoo at 50mph let alone one doing over 70!!! :ack:

You can make it go as fast as your pocket book will allow....speed is expensive.

Karl

I took mine at full speed few times. I had no problems with it at all and it was going perfectly straight whole time. Offcourse I did it in empty area of river, where water was smooth enough and I wasn't being stupid. my skiis '08 RXTX completly stock and Im planing on working on handling mods first then power.
there are some unwritten rules to follow:
-don't try to turn when going at those speeds, be safe and fly straight there is no reason to cut a turn at 70mph.
-don't do it around traffic, specially other skis who might turn suddenly in your path
-and don't do it in bad conditions.

these are safe precautions and if you follow them nothing will happen unless there is some major malfunction with the ski or a big white wale jumps in front of you.

OK, so some will say safest way to ride is at 30-40mph, fine go that way an putt around that's too boring for me. I bought this ski to go fast, I'm not gonna drive it half speed.

Past season I hurt my knee, sprained my ankle, sprained my right wrist once and my left twice. Guess what speeds was I going when I got hurt? 20-30mph. that's right, never did I get hurt going full speed but screwing around at slow speeds. I hurt my knee and ankle standing still with engine off, hows that for safe?

some people will go out and have fun putting around, driving a pontoon boat at 10mph, but then there are some people who will love to fly around on a ski at 70+mph, ski behind a boat or even fly on of them flying tubes that are mostly illegal. point is some people need to feel the danger and get close to death in order to feel alive.

Now we can discuss his all day and go back and forth but everything will be the same. I will still drive my ski 70mph when I want and when I can. you will be careful and safe, which is fine by me but why cant "you" be fine with me and my choices?
there are millions of cars on the road every minute and they can kill the driver and others just as much as my ski can.

I'm not gonna argue this anymore cause its pointless, I'm still gonna go fast and someone else is still gonna tell me I'm nuts...that's fine I like my crazy life just as it is...

I took mine at full speed few times. I had no problems with it at all and it was going perfectly straight whole time. Offcourse I did it in empty area of river, where water was smooth enough and I wasn't being stupid. my skiis '08 RXTX completly stock and Im planing on working on handling mods first then power.
there are some unwritten rules to follow:
-don't try to turn when going at those speeds, be safe and fly straight there is no reason to cut a turn at 70mph.
-don't do it around traffic, specially other skis who might turn suddenly in your path
-and don't do it in bad conditions.

these are safe precautions and if you follow them nothing will happen unless there is some major malfunction with the ski or a big white wale jumps in front of you.

OK, so some will say safest way to ride is at 30-40mph, fine go that way an putt around that's too boring for me. I bought this ski to go fast, I'm not gonna drive it half speed.

Past season I hurt my knee, sprained my ankle, sprained my right wrist once and my left twice. Guess what speeds was I going when I got hurt? 20-30mph. that's right, never did I get hurt going full speed but screwing around at slow speeds. I hurt my knee and ankle standing still with engine off, hows that for safe?

some people will go out and have fun putting around, driving a pontoon boat at 10mph, but then there are some people who will love to fly around on a ski at 70+mph, ski behind a boat or even fly on of them flying tubes that are mostly illegal. point is some people need to feel the danger and get close to death in order to feel alive.

Now we can discuss his all day and go back and forth but everything will be the same. I will still drive my ski 70mph when I want and when I can. you will be careful and safe, which is fine by me but why cant "you" be fine with me and my choices?
there are millions of cars on the road every minute and they can kill the driver and others just as much as my ski can.

I'm not gonna argue this anymore cause its pointless, I'm still gonna go fast and someone else is still gonna tell me I'm nuts...that's fine I like my crazy life just as it is...

:agree: you only live once so make it count and have fun while doing it... 70mph is nothing to me. I go on my friends scarab all the time. and get 20ft of air while doing 100+mph nose stickin strait up and it feels like your going to fall out the back... Now thats a ride, LOL kinda puts doing 70mph on flat water to sham. So go mod your ski go as fast as you want just be smart and do ride beyond your limit. Ive ridin a modded can-am renagade 800 X and it would do 80+mph witch would you rather fall off of that or a seadoo doing 70-80mph????

Well said....

yes all muscle skis have a top speed at somewhere around 70mph give or take.
why would he want to go faster? Cause he can and wants to do it!
Why do guys buy motorcycles that go 180MPH? Cause they can and want to do it!
Why do those guys drive on on wheel 100MPH down the road? Cause they can and want to do it?
Why does a really hot chic called Danica Patrick drive a Indy race car 150+ MPH thru a turn on race track? Cause she can and wants to do it!
Why did Neil Armstrong set foot on moon and risk his life straped on a big rocket? cause he could and wanted to do it!

there are a lot of things in this world that are risky but we still do it. If we wanted to live a perfectly safe life that would be damn near impossible. I read a story about some soldier that survived every damn conflict since 1970, retired went home took a shower sliped on soap and died in bathtub. Point is you just cant tell the future, go out there and live the life.

Do what you want to do man, its your money and your decision.

I was very impressed with this answer. The idea of us, as humans, are born "thrill seekers". That's obvious. Without the risks taken in the past, our technology would be much different than we know if today.

I remember Clint Eastwood saying one time in a movie as guys were jumping out of a plane, "I don't see a reason to jump out of a perfectly good running airplane"..........I thought that was funny, but for some, it's true. To others, it's the thrill of that parachute opening. But, I always wondered (I've never ski dived) when someone jumps from that plane, do they ever get scared? That is what would keep me from doing it. The idea that my parachute wouldn't deploy and I hit the ground <splat>

But, everyone is different. And for this guy to want to go over 70 is his way of seeking that thrill................so, if you want to go the speed of sound on water, who's to stop you?

Well said Xrider!.........

I have the same feelings about speed, but on a public forum like this where anyone can see what is expressed it could be scary for the "average Joe" to think speed is cool. I live for speed. I also have been in competition for a lot of years in different fields. The key here is that everyone should be within their own ability. I own a speedster cause I like getting air born at 50+. I also own a Dodge Charger With a HEMI with some mods that exceeds 165mph...not for everyone but I like speed and know my limitations. (My concealed radar Detector/ Jammer helps too) It's all about your needs and what you want. We live in a age where anything is obtainable...we just don't want to hurt anybody else in our process. Speed cost and you can go as fast as you can afford. This is just my personal opinion and not for novices.

Karl

Human flight.....

I got my Popular Science yesterday in the mail and there is a photo of this guy wearing an 8 foot wing on his back powered by 4 model gas turbine engines. It propels him to 134 mph.

I believe they said he was 47........! He is being recognized for flying across the English Channel in (in, on {part of}, how ever would be said correctly:rofl:)

He lost almost everything, even his wife (don't know if my wife left me, I'd consider that so bad :rofl:) just to follow his dream.

Now, with major sponsors and bound to make some really big bucks, I wonder if she regrets leaving him...........

I've seen this on video on MSN. But, I know it's on YouTube also. If you haven't seen this before, it's pretty awesome. Now, this is a true "thrill seeker"....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-66AcTo9TU

Last edited by a moderator:
You tube....

He's on youtube too. I've watched several of his clips.

He uses his feet for turning and his head, lifting it up and down to ascend or descend...............he's really kicin butt!

I have an 07 rxt and I raced a new sc kawasaki and it beat me at the top end @ 65mph. I need to sqeeze more top end speed out of my RXT.

what were the rpms at WOT you should be around 68mph. Id check your wear ring clearance. also it you want some more speed id start with an R&D intake grate and maybe a new impeller. The grate should give you a couple mor mph.

what were the rpms at WOT you should be around 68mph. Id check your wear ring clearance. also it you want some more speed id start with an R&D intake grate and maybe a new impeller. The grate should give you a couple mor mph.

I guess I didn't mention that we both had one person riding on the back. What should the rpm's @ WOT be? Thanks for the advice those mods should be simple to do. I didn't like getting beaten by a kawasaki.

I guess I didn't mention that we both had one person riding on the back. What should the rpm's @ WOT be? Thanks for the advice those mods should be simple to do. I didn't like getting beaten by a kawasaki.

Should be 8100rpm, if yours are below that you might have to much oil in it.

Should be 8100rpm, if yours are below that you might have to much oil in it.

I'll check that out. So i'm looking at the Riva kits and they look like what I need, but is there another brand thats better? Is Riva a brand name that is more expensive? What other after market companies are out there?

I'll check that out. So i'm looking at the Riva kits and they look like what I need, but is there another brand thats better? Is Riva a brand name that is more expensive? What other after market companies are out there?

it all depends what you want to do Riva makes good stuff but there is better. what were you thinking of doing? Check out 4tecperformance.com there like jegs but for pwc's. If say you want a stage 1 kit id shop on 4tecperformance.com and pick a choose and make you own kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
it all depends what you want to do Riva makes good stuff but there is better. what were you thinking of doing? Check out 4tecperformance.com there like jegs but for pwc's. If say you want a stage 1 kit id shop on 4tecperformance.com and pick a choose and make you own kit.

That sounds like good advice. I'll check it out. If you had a stock RXT what would you change out first if you wanted more top end speed without sacrificing low end power.

That sounds like good advice. I'll check it out. If you had a stock RXT what would you change out first if you wanted more top end speed without sacrificing low end power.

Id do an R&D intake grate it will help you get better hookup in chop and give you a couple more mph, if you ride in really choppy water then go with the WORX grate. you can make a cold air intake out of kanaflex hose toget an extra 100rpms, If you do run the hose up to the gas tank so you dont ingest water.

Id do an R&D intake grate it will help you get better hookup in chop and give you a couple more mph, if you ride in really choppy water then go with the WORX grate. you can make a cold air intake out of kanaflex hose toget an extra 100rpms, If you do run the hose up to the gas tank so you dont ingest water.

I don't think I've ever heard of a intake grate giving you more topend? I guess more top in in 1ft+chop but thats because your not filling the pump with a stock grate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back