RXP-X Auxiliary Fuel System

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceCo

I like to ride....I like to ride hard, fast and far. My FX SHO has a 13 gallon aux tank (total with main tank is 31 gallons) that can be strapped onto the back and by now is pretty famous in the design and setup. But the RXP-X is more of a challenge. It has a much shorter back deck with a contour around the tow eye and even though I have seen some pretty cool fuel setups on them they aren't for me. So I went exploring for different options.

This is a fuel bladder that I intend to mount in the forward compartment. http://www.imtra.com/54c935bd-67c6-4c2c-8157-68dc96688a16/other-products-nauta-tanks-flexible-tanks-detail.htm

The beauty of this is that it conforms to the contours of the front compartment. Can be held down using simple bungees to the existing tie down points. It does not need to be vented because it collapses as the fuel is consumed. Drawback is that it is only 9 gallons but that will have to do because it fits perfectly in the compartment whereas the 13 gallon might be too tall and too wide.

I'm thinking about plumbing it into the fill hose using a fabricated joiner that we have done before which provides a nipple for the fuel line and I don't think I will even need a fuel pump which I do like to have on the rigid tanks.

With the 9 gallons (+15 in the main) I expect to extend my cruising range from about 60 miles to 96 miles. Way short the FX but this ski is used for a different "style" of riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back