RXP-X (2012) issue with temp light at high speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsracing

Been stand up skiing forever, but just bought a 2012 RXP-X. At high speed - about 60mph and 8K RPM - the temperature light comes on after 100 yds and I get a high pitch warning alarm. Ski is in Sport mode. Goes away after letting off. Looking for advice. Engine light came on a couple times too. My first 4 stroke (retired my old RXX). Does have some Riva performance parts on it too. Any help appreciated

You're not getting enough cooling water through the exhaust system , the water is pressurized by the impeller and is forced through a small orifice/screen which is located at the top of the pump then through the bulkhead and hoses that go to the exhaust manifold, and the muffler which is where the temperature sensor is located. Something is either plugged or a hose pinched or that orifice is plugged up or something was rerouted incorrectly, there are also in the hoses plastic fittings that also have sized orifices in them to control water flow to the 3 locations. If that screen in the pump broke off then a piece of debris could have been forced into the system. Does it still have the resonator? those can melt if the temps get too high.

Last edited:
Thanks. Will let you know how this works out.
Thanks again. Running good now. Learned ski had not been run in 2 years. Some debris in screen. Disconnected all lines and cleared/cleaned. Also learned this ski has a Riva closed loop cooling system (hope I got this right) The outer cooling drain needs to be plugged (outer hole above left side drain plug).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back