2012 RXP X IBR issue need some advise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

unclepete

Hello everyone,
Need some help If anyone has some answers, 2012 RXP x ibr issue. Went to put ski in water ran it for a bit then ibr light came on along with engine light. Did my research on this site along with others. I can manual override ibr to move up or down in any position so I know it’s not the motor. I removed the ibr motor inside to check wiring, corrosion ect, along with the bucket in the stern Checked all bushings, rollers ect. There are a few rollers that should be replaced, which I will but don’t think that’s the issue. Fully knowing when I have the ski out of the water and can operate the ibr in override mode without any ibr light or engine light one, I know it’s not the motor or any of the bushings, loose bolts or worn or cracked rollers. Here’s the thing.... While on the hose and testing the ibr in N R & Forward, all is good but as soon as I jiggle or move the bucket in the stern, the ibr light & engine light comes on. I have no idea why this is. Can anyone chime in on your thoughts. Clearly when the ski is in the water and moving, this will move the bucket as I did with my hand and then the lights
Come on. The bucket doesn’t have any more play then my other 2012 RXT or my neighbors seadoos. They move exactly the same when you jiggle them with your hand. Just can’t figure this out. Battery, wires, fuses and everything else is perfect. Thanks in advance for your ideas guys.
Pete

The IBr was just faulty. Unfortunately There was no fix. Ended up buying a new one and installed it myself. Brought it to the dealer to flash the new ibr and everything works perfect

There is a thread out here somewhere, where he removed the motor (some kind of stard unit) and replaced it with one from amazon for $25.00.,,,also assuming the module is not faulty.

The IBr was just faulty. Unfortunately There was no fix. Ended up buying a new one and installed it myself. Brought it to the dealer to flash the new ibr and everything works perfect
Mine is a 2010 I recently purchased. Yesterday was the 3rd time out and it went in limp mode and R-N lever wouldn’t operate. Shut it off, removed key and it started working again.
What should I expect the IBR assembly to cost?

Before buying a new one change out the white bushings and the other bushings where the bolts slide thru and give it a shot. If it still does it, most likely you need a replacement. Last year mine was around $1200 It’s easy to install There’s some vids on YouTube u can find to help. Good luck.

Contacted the dealership where I bought the used machine, their service department says this can be from low battery voltage, put a trickle charger on it and to put a trickle charger on it. Seems odd since it starts right up.

You can try all of those things like checking the connections, battery level, fuses ect but I’m sure the unit is just failing. As I said before, check those bushings and everything else before you move forward with a new ibr If you check around online and you will see they had problems with the ibra back then. Would be nice if the dealer replaces it for you, but doubt it. I have 2 2012’s 1 rxpx and 1 rxtx aS same hours. The rxp ibr went last year. I tried everything before replacing it. Trust me, I really didn’t want to drop $1200 for nothing but had no choice.

Contacted the dealership where I bought the used machine, their service department says this can be from low battery voltage, put a trickle charger on it and to put a trickle charger on it. Seems odd since it starts right up.
Mine was working fine last fall. Sat on boat lift all “winter” here in Florida and battery was dead coming into spring. Ordered a 30 ah battery from Batteries Plus and they gave me a 26 ah. I complained to them that my 04 GTX is very fickle and works best on the recommended 30 amp battery. They told me I could bring it back if I have issues. First time out had IBR issues as above. Thought for sure it must be the battery. My 04 needed a battery so got an actual 30 amp one for it and put it in the 2012 to see if it fixed the IBR. It did not.

I got to figure out how to check voltage to the IBR. Like unclepete said, I want to exhaust all option before dropping $1500.

Download the wiring diagram and the service manual. It will show you how to check the IBR circuit and where to measure it. You might want to check the connector for the six prong plug on the IBR for corrosion. You can use an inspection mirror to check the mating connector on the IBR unit. Mine had corrosion that I was able to clean off and worked perfect. Get some CRC Electronics Connector cleaner that is safe for plastic connectors, don't use anything else as it can cause more damage than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back