RIVA BOV question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kidcml

Ihave an 08 RXP 215 that i just installed the RIVE BOV kit on and out of curiosity i was wonder if it should make a blow off noise , kinda like my twin turbo car with an HKS RFL does . Its strictly a question just thought it would be cool on the water hearing it ..

The bov will sound off once you have let off the throttle and there is a build up of pressure which is the functionality of a bov.

In reference to your car it's a turbo xs rfl not a hks.

Riva blow off valve?

The blow off valve you buy from Riva in their performance package really can't be heard. If you get the Rive III kit, if you are listening, you'll hear it. It's not really loud enough that you might think could be heard, say if your looking for a sound like open headers or a performance muffler. It's pretty quiet....

Oh, I see the reference to "turbo". As far as I know, Rotax only makes the 4-TEC in a supercharged version, not a turbo. Turbo's are driven off the exhaust gases for a small increase of power, superchargers are a direct geared blower that puts positive pressure on the air induction system. The supercharger on the 4-TEC is geared for about 40,000 rpm.....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back