Rinda Techmate Pro

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you hoping to diagnose with it? I have one that I would put some consideration into if you would throw in a rental fee to sweeten my end of the deal. My thought is the deposit would have to be enough to cover a replacement in case you didn't come through on your end of the deal (500) plus all shipping costs + agreed upon rental. I'd return the 500 in the end. Which it looks like we're only 3 hrs from each other if you're still in Charleston.

Kerlin, how much were you thinking?
To answer you question what am I hoping to diagnose.... check out my other thread. I explained the whole issue I'm having. It's a long post.

Based on your original statement "smoke from the starter area", coupled with the dual battery accident. I think you burned something up electrical. When you say running rough at WOT what's the top speed? My throttle assist disconnected and it was simply a cable with a lead nipple on it similar to a bicycle brake on the rear of the engine connected to the throttle. It's set loose and came disconnected on its own. If your boat has a throttle guardian, which it likely does, cut the black wire and tape off the ends. These are known to cause engine problems and aren't necessary. ( safety feature to not allow you to go full throttle while in neutral ). I'm willing to help you out with the Rinda if you want to try that, but I'm afraid it won't pinpoint an electrical failure for you. But if it's something Else it could help. I should also point out that I'm not a mechanic by any stretch. Just have an M2 with plenty of issues from time to time.

My throttle assist is electronic/magnetic. No cables. I think I posted pics of it in one of the other threads. .
Speed? I dunno gauge has never worked but I'm down 200-300 rpm along with running rough from idle to 1/2 throttle.

SeptemberColl at Gmail

You mentioned changing the stator. Do you have photos of that? Wondering what the wiring looks like on the trigger. Trigger surrounds the stator. If these burned up it would drastically affect your running conditions.

If you want to use the Rinda. How bout we do a paypal trans of 550 plus shipping. That will cover my unit and tax assuming you run away with it or blow it up too. When your done with it ship it back and I'll send you 450 back.

Kerlin, thank you for the offer. I TOTALLY understand the risk you would be taking in letting me borrow it. For $100 plus shipping 2 ways I'll buy one and then resell it if I can't locate one.

If you want to use the Rinda. How bout we do a paypal trans of 550 plus shipping. That will cover my unit and tax assuming you run away with it or blow it up too. When your done with it ship it back and I'll send you 450 back.

I think maybe you read an old thread of mine when I had my Challenger 1800. My EFI doesn't have a stator

I understand. I've never been in the tool rental business either but I understand the predicament you're in. I bought mine hoping to solve a similar problem and it was not a useful purchase at all. It ended up being a trigger failure for me in that scenario as well. Hopefully it will come in handy someday. If you find yourself in the deep creek lake md area sometime I'm close by there and I'd be happy to take a ride with you to use the tool.

Got it .. we don't sell these unfortunately. Just he CanDoo systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back