ride to tangalooma wrecks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Ha ha.Nup.Only been on the barge going over to do a bit of fishing and get on the piss.Been there by bigger boat.I would try the shorter run to North Straddie first.If Moreton Bay blows up you will leave your stones on about the fifth wave.At least from Nth Straddie you can hug the shores home.I have been on the barge with skiis sitting in the wake for the trip home.Great run on a glass-off day though.Fuel might be the issue.

thanks for the info i do have some info for you that i do not want everyone to know could i get a secure email address to contact you and scottozy on thankss watty

Hey Watty i Rode from Vic point to Moreton a couple of years ago trip over in the morning is fast and good, Took about 45 mins rode all the way up to the top and had lunch abd come back trip back was slow and the swell was around 1 to 1.5mtr. Was still fun just long trip and sore bum after. but well worth it. if u were to go over camp the night and comeback the next day i think it would be a quick trip either way.... my thoughts go for it take 2 or more people take a 20ltr drum of extra fuel and enjoy ur self.

I go over every so often. Trick is to go over at sparrows, and back before the weather turns. From manly it takes me 45mins there and 25-30 mins home.
Cheers

Do you take your challenger across or a PWC?. I have a Speedster 150 - but having jet ski'd across a number of times - I don't think I'm game to try it in the boat

On a good day it would be fun.Skiis are meant to be fun.But if Moreton blows up,it can be dangerous.safest way is to plan to get there by island hopping.Not straight across.Run across the southern end.

I take the challenger there often. Safe as, but be mindful of the wind and weather. As I've said, you must pick your days. If you go out too late most friends won't enjoy it. I go from manly between St Helena and green then straight line to tanga. I wouldn't go straight line across south ofmud though, a hell of a lot of sand banks and go slow areas. You hit a bar at 70 and your dead. Eastern moreton bay near Karingal if full of very shallow channels. Hope this helps.
Cheers

Agree with you both on not going straight across - I do this on my jetski (Sandgate, Redcliffe), but wouldn't on a small boat. I have hugged North Straddie and then over to Moreton before but even then, crossing the channel between Moreton and Straddie can be pretty dodgie and if you go further into the bay to avoid the channel you get back into the swell / chop on a bad day.

Anyway, choose your day yes. Maybe after I have owned my Speedster for longer I might get confidence in the boat to make such a trip, but I probably wouldn't do it with passengers now. I've read too many stories about sucking stuff into the pump and getting stranded. If that happens in the bay, chop picks up, you could get into trouble pretty quickly.

Unless we go together sometime? Always good to pair up!

crisso and scottozy have you skied across to tangalooma wrecks b4 if so how long did it take
Took me bit less than an hour, if I remember rightly. Can be a bit rough in places. Also take extra fuel. They dont sell fuel on the island anymore.

Back