Revs high but barely goes forward?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

astevens2526

Hi I’m hoping someone can help I’m new to the forum and owning a PWC in general, I recently went over a shallow patch of water and after that it wasn’t running so good. I’d give it full throttle and it would sound like a Honda about to blow a head gasket lol but it wouldn’t go forward maybe like 8-10 miles per hour but then it would shoot off. Did some research on Google and some people were saying check out the propeller and wear ring so I took the housing out and took some pictures and a vid (it’s a Google drive link) it does look pretty scuffed up would this cause my problem of poor acceleration? Thank you, Adam

IMG_1995.MOV

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 11
Yes, that would cause poor acceleration
I appreciate the response! I figured it was going to be that but I wanted to get some input first thank you. What would you suggest for the ring and impeller, like any good brands or materials? Let me just say I got it for about 2 grand the other week ran great the whole week took it out everyday previous owner said the top end was replaced and some valves too new solas impeller and a wear ring which I believe looks new runs very strong but I clearly messed it up. It’s a 1998 seadoo gtx rfi, would you put good parts in it or would you keep it cheap because of the age? Has about 320 ish hours. Thank you.

Sorry, I couldn’t tell you. I’ve never had a Solas impeller so I couldn’t comment on whether they are worth the money or not.

Back