2000 gtx starter won’t diss engage 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoo_gtx_boy

Hey guys I need some help I took my ski out the other day and it ran fine until I anchored it and went to start it again but I had no key beep or dash reading but the starter wouldn’t shut off so I tried pulling the key out which did nothing so I quickly pulled the plug leads off so it wouldn’t start and then disconnected the battery so the starter wouldn’t burn out but the weird thing was I had no dash reading or key beep but the starter was continuously running I’ve checked all the fuses even in the rear electrical box I’m pretty sure that it’s a sticky solenoid but wouldn’t think that that would stop the dash and key from working any help would be appreciated

Stuck solenoid would cause it. It’s direct current from the battery to the starter with nothing waking up the mpem. Same as just wiring the starter directly to the battery.

I had this happen on my 98 GTX ltd, it was as mikidymac said, the solenoid was bad. After replacing it all was well. Test the solenoid and verify it is bad and get a new one. Watch out for what you buy though, I bought one off Ebay and it was new and bad. Ended up finding an used OEM solenoid.

Stuck solenoid would cause it. It’s direct current from the battery to the starter with nothing waking up the mpem. Same as just wiring the starter directly to the battery.
Thanks for your help I’m only 15 and it’s hard finding people with knowledge about the 2strokes or people that want to work on them nowadays cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back