Reverse doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfen

My reverse doesn,t work on my Twin engine Speedster 1997 Jet Boat. I notice that when I put the reverse "that put down the back gate" the rear gate still has some space and it can go down littler more. I can,t adjust the reverse cable any more, it is on the max adjust. Any subjection??????
:cool:

or it might need adjusting at the other end, see if someone messed with it at the shifter end.

I have the same boat but a 96. The reverse does not work no matter how you adjust it. It just stops you from moving forward.

I am shocked it doesn't move your boat some. I have a 98' 1800 Sportster with dual engines and I think we have the same bucket design and my reverse does work when I give it gas. It is not as good has prop boats but it does work.

Same here, mine works............it doesn't work great but it works. In fact, I had to adjust the cable because the boat went backward in neutral.

Yes probably I need to adjust more the cable, because when I put it on Reverse it perform like neutral....

My 95 sportster can go 6 or 8 mph backwards... if you have deep water and space and a desire to go backwards... only done it once after i replaced the cable just to check but it went good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back