Replacing Regular XPS coolant with Extended Life Coolant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

John777

I am doing a coolant change on my 2011 GTI SE 130. I have XPS Green regular coolant in the machine now. The replacement coolant I received is orange XPS extended life. According to the XPS website the orange is a compatible replacement. Any thoughts on this? If you replace the coolant per the service manual you are only changing the fluid in the ride plate and not the block (behind the thermostat). You will there for have a mix of extended life orange and regular green coolant.
Thoughts?……

The coolant going to the ride plate is from the engine itself. If the two get mixed it should still be fine...One is made to last longer than the other, thats about it...

Yep one of life’s little mysteries, all over the web it’s forboten to mix the green and orange coolant but XPS considerates it a compatible replacement whatever that means. To be on the safe side I think most op’s that switch colors flush the green a couple of times with water but that also means getting the thermostat open and that should not be done on the hose.

https://hdexpert.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/EXTRA-Mixed-Fleet-Global-Extended-Life_061218.pdf

This one is approved by XPS (BRP) for all their machines and is compatible with all colors. Funny this one is yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back