Remove boat from trailer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lashk

I'm needing to do some repair work on my 04 Sportster trailer and it may take more than a day to do it, so I was wanting to see if anyone has had any experience taking their boat off of the trailer at home. I would bring it to a lake but the repairs might take too long and I would not be able to retrieve my boat. Any suggestions?

Bunks, bunk pivots, leaf springs, Previous owner didn't do a good job of rinsing trailer after saltwater use.

ok just looked at my boat, i think you have the same hull as mine. and i have some ideas for you. youll need 4 jack stands or cinderblocks and some wood

-lower the tonge down as far as you can then rig up two stands one for each side at the back where the flat part of the hull is (make sure to place wood where the hull sits on the stands

-next rise the tonge up till the boat is sitting on the rear stands

-now the harder part the front, the easyest thing i can think of would be toget a couple friends and a strong pipe thats wider then the trailer, slide the pipe through the front bow hook (put rubber or something around the pipe so you dont hurt the finish) now you can get your friends to try and lift the front up high enough to support each side of the pipe or us a jack and some wood at the front of the hull so you can place jack stands or what ever you have under the pipe then you should be able to slide the trailer out

-then support each side at the front with stands so the boat is sitting on 4 stands

hope this help a bit check your PM for a link to some pictures to give you an idea of what im talking about (also be sure to block the wheel till you ready to remove the trailer)

I just did the same last week.

I just had to do the same thing last week to do some hull repairs on my Challenger. I basically did what the previous poster said to do however I didn't feel confident using jackstands on a sloped portion of the hull and then have to crawl under the boat too. I lowered the trailer tongue as low as it would go. At this point I took measurements under the swimplatform and made a wooden stand using scrap 2-6X6 lumber pieces set about 4ft apart and tied together using more lumber.. I made sure the footing was braced so as to not allow any movement fore and aft or side to side. Then you elevate the tongue as high as it will go. At this point the stern of the boat will raise off the trailer. Set more lumber or a jackstand at various locations under the hull, lower the tongue just enough that will allow you to pull the trailer out from under the boat and keep doing this until the trailer is free and clear.

Bunks, bunk pivots, leaf springs, Previous owner didn't do a good job of rinsing trailer after saltwater use.

Did same thing to other boat/trailer...
Got new leafs, then jacked one-side at a time, supported with jack stands, then removed leafs, installed new ones, then went to other side. For the bunks, pre-measured and carpeted new ones and then went totrailer place for new pivots, measured and attached them to new bunks, rolled down to marina, dumped boat in, then with sawsall, cut "nasty" old bolts off the existing pivots, and installed the new bunks,..walah.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back