rear vent hose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mango11

Can someone actually tell me what this is for???

It makes sense that it could prevent water filling your hull in a prolonged flip over as it seals on the underside of the seat therefore if upside down the water in the seat would stop filling the hull as the vent hose would be higher than the water line when upside down.

But the likes of seadoo snipe have told me it has nothing to do with it (definitley experienced enough to know).

But why the design if it were only an air intake???? why not just leave it open from the underside of the seat, its not likt it attaches to the carb air box etc???????

I am interested in peoples views as my ski doesnt have one and am thinking of fitting 1.

Cheers

If you flip the Sea-Doo upside down with out that tube in, the hull will fill with water very fast. Also, if you ride aggressively, water will enter the hull through the seat. That tube directs the air and water to the bottom of the hull so that there's less of a risk for the engine to ingest water.

Chester

i see there is a couple on ebay from the states, from a 94-96 xp, will they fit the 96 gsx, or will i need the original???

I have just contacted your sister parts store in aus and ordered a front storage bin, rear vent assy, rear elec seal, vts cover, tilt rod, rear bumper insert, and a carbon ring assy,

My question is while the pumps off to do the carbon seal, what else is required for a pump rebuild??

Ie bearings etc, wear ring, oil, seals????

A link to a previous pump rebuild thread would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back