Rave valves

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponsford26

Hi all i have a 1999 gtx 951cc, ive just cleaned the rave valves out, got rid of
the oil on them, ive adjusted them the way it said in the manual.
Ive just took it out for the first time this year and it seems to be power surging at full thottle, its fine half thottle could this be the adjustment of the valves
thanks

Performance....

Hi all i have a 1999 gtx 951cc, ive just cleaned the rave valves out, got rid of
the oil on them, ive adjusted them the way it said in the manual.
Ive just took it out for the first time this year and it seems to be power surging at full thottle, its fine half thottle could this be the adjustment of the valves
thanks

No, the RAVES are only a performance enhancer. I can see a remote possibility that if your bellows is damaged, that the internal porting is lifting the bellows and dropping it. This could make you feel a slight surge.

A lot of the time though, the surge at WOT is you hitting your rev limiter.

When this is happening, back off the throttle just slightly to reduce RPM's by just a few. If your surge stops, then it is your adjustments in the carb, if this is a standard GTX and not the injected. If it continues to sure at high speeds but not quite wide open, then it can be a busted bellows.:cheers:

check the volt reading at battery, while holding rpms around 5500. If in the 15 or 12, your charginf system is junk.

don't forget to check for an exhaust leak.
These engines like to breath fresh air!

I had a similar problem on my carb 800. Turns out that the bellows were coming off of the rave cap. Once put back on it ran fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back