Rave Valve Cleaning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasngo

Ok I get the basics but a couple of fine points. I have a 03 GTI LE RFI and they need service for sure. The exhaust pipe is in the way of the front valve! I cant pull it out without hitting the underside of the pipe. The rear came out fine but gummy so cleaning needed. So here my experience so far. Bolts out rear bellows housing up and off. I dropped a 10 MM socket on the to of the bellows to unscrew the blade if you will and it was not particularly tight. I see there is a locator ear on the valve that positions the valve back to the housing but I bet you can still drop the housing a blade back in backwards maybe. My thoughts where to reference the vacuum line but again that cap spins 360 or does it. I still have the forward Cyl. valve in place so I have something to go by. Should I snug up the blade to the bellows or leave a it a turn loose. I believe the manual is on my PC so Ill be looking wanted some input. Also I would assume that the forward valve will need to be unscrewed from the bellows/housing to get the room to lift out the blade out surely you dont remove the exhaust pipe. One more! any reason you cant spin the bellows when its sprung down to the housing with a wrench or socket. Taking care of course everything seems to be soft and flexible and it requires no effort at all just the tension from the springs.

Wow everybody must be on the water. I caught a video where the guy simply screwed the valve back into the bellows mount/housing snug. Thats what Ill do.

Ok looks like if you clock the rave blade in the housing you can put them in backwards. Also I dont have a gasket only a oblong oring that fits at the base. 2 small oring that go over the shaft. 1 on the shaft itself and one inside the diaphragm under a small bushing that the spring rests on correct????

Yes,,the mag valve needs a bit of patience,,remove the spring,,,don.'t lose it,,remove the black cap,,carefully remove the spring,,,DON'T LOSE IT,,remove the spring around the bellow,,,remove the cap with a 10mm flat wrench,,you should be able to remove the housing,,and then you can remove the valve,,,there is a "O" ring,,,see if it is hard,,replace,,,or soft,,leave...I bite into them to see if they are soft or hard,,,if the valve already leaking,,,of course replace it.

Thanks for the input. I did find the break down in the Sea-Doo parts diagram and exactly what came off is what I have. O rings where in decent shape so cleaned it up away we go. I thought I would play around with the adjustment and see what I get. I had the red adjusters flat with the to of the housing but last night I tried out one turn cant really tell If anything is different other than maybe a hint of take off missing. Assuming my buddies compression gauge is remotely accurate I was 145 ish on compression so make make me happy.

Typically flush with the top is as far as you want them out and the adjustment would be in from that position to mess with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back